smelling the food from the next desk

Options
sometimes work is good- i'm busy, i'm distracted, no time to eat right? ...yet here i sit with my greek yogurt and strawberrys (yummy, right?) and from the desk next to me the amazing smell of a gyro and fries... *sigh*

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Think about what that will look like on their butt,:laugh: (or just their health) and what good your doing for yours:flowerforyou:
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great, now i'm imagining someone walking past me with a gyro and fries plastered to their butt like they've been sitting in it for the past 8 hours. *shudders* Effective weight loss tool. *wink*
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    lol thanks! sometimes i try to just look at who's eating it and to know that its gonna add to them-- bigger isn't always better-- maybe we should add smells to salads?! LOL
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips. A lifetime on the hips.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. My office is in a hallway and when all the agents go in and heat up their lunches, some of them smell amazing, especially when I'm eating something that is low calorie/low fat and all I want to do is dive into the fridge face first. My way of dealing with that is to keep a small bottle of essential oil that calms my stomach close. I use either green apple or peppermint. Those help me from craving whatever they are having that smells amazing.
  • jennor8or
    Options
    Totally understand. My office is in a hallway and when all the agents go in and heat up their lunches, some of them smell amazing, especially when I'm eating something that is low calorie/low fat and all I want to do is dive into the fridge face first. My way of dealing with that is to keep a small bottle of essential oil that calms my stomach close. I use either green apple or peppermint. Those help me from craving whatever they are having that smells amazing.

thats a great idea...i never would have thought of it-- wonder if that would help when they bring in the tray panera breakfast foods?..no no, not the whole grain muffins but the cinnamon rolls, glazed breads, etc :)
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

thats a great idea...i never would have thought of it-- wonder if that would help when they bring in the tray panera breakfast foods?..no no, not the whole grain muffins but the cinnamon rolls, glazed breads, etc :)

It should!! This is what I do when we have people bring stuff into the office that is very tempting. When everyone is out of the kitchen, I go in and stare at the temptation. I'm not kidding you. If I can stare at it for about a minute without diving in face first, I walk away, victorious. I have dominion over a doughnut! It's the small victories that count.

If you are interested in using aroma therapy for curbing your appetite, Google it. There is a website that I found that tells you exactly how to do it (don't over do it because your body will get used to it and it will be less effective, alternate between scents for the same reason, etc...). I hope this helps!
  • jennor8or
    Options

It should!! This is what I do when we have people bring stuff into the office that is very tempting. When everyone is out of the kitchen, I go in and stare at the temptation. I'm not kidding you. If I can stare at it for about a minute without diving in face first, I walk away, victorious. I have dominion over a doughnut! It's the small victories that count.

If you are interested in using aroma therapy for curbing your appetite, Google it. There is a website that I found that tells you exactly how to do it (don't over do it because your body will get used to it and it will be less effective, alternate between scents for the same reason, etc...). I hope this helps!

i just read up on this... sounds like i'm going to need to get some grapefruit (boost metabolism and curbs appetite) and morning glory (curbs desire for sweets) oils...thanks for the advice!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Old thread, but I'm totally going through this right now. Boss bought pizza to take home for dinner and it smells soooooo good. Just ate a snack like 30 minutes ago, but now suddenly I'm so hungry. :(