little nsv

Options
jennor8or
jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
ive been reducing my portions slowly over the course of the last 2 weeks..i didn't want to feel like i was starving..but still, i look at a portion size and think "thats just not going to be enough"... well, i just finished lunch... 1 small whole grain tortilla, 1 tspn light sour cream, homemade guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, 1/4 cup of pulled/seasoned chicken- i finished it and moved on to my "side" of watermellon--i cut up a slice of watermelon into bite size pieces...well, i'm excited to say that i finished the last piece and then i noticed something..not only was i not hungry--i was actually satisfied and even a little full!! WOO HOO!!!

Replies

• MovesLikePuma
    Options
    It's crazy how we get so used to eating large portions. I have been doing the same with decreasing amounts. Today for lunch, I was full after only half of a club sandwich. I was amazed!
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    Options
    WOO HOO!! thats great I noticed that too the first time I actually weighed everything out and thought to myself there is no way that is going to be enough. Its an awsome feeling you get when you sit back and think wowo I just ate half of what I used too and i'm full!! Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! That is awesome. I also noticed if I eat much slower I realize much faster when I am satisfied. :) Keep up the great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!