Water,a bucket of fruit and having a made up face

Options
We can all feel great when we look in the mirror (handheld) fortunately for me my profession is in the make up artist industry, it's is great when you look nice just nice, but there nothing like looking and feeling really healthy and your clothes feel like new because they fit you or are a little baggy, I swear to god I do not have a bad picture taken of me because I refuse to see the evidence, I started MFP two weeks ago and realised that I couldn't just go on the break up diet, or the lost soul diet of cutting out meals and eating calories which equal and taste the equivalent to a piece o cardboard.....so I'm gonna share with you my old and new eating habits.

Before I used to to binge on carbs and cut them out binge and so on and so on...I used to drink two litres of water religiously, sit and eat a bowl of fruit, thinking it was healthy and I would be able to loose weight eating all the other things too.

Now, I try and vary everything, get a balance of every type of food, even the bad stuff, dark chocolate squares straight from the fridge and del monte 100%juice ice lollies, Im trying to eat as many different fishes from the fish deli counter........ and try and eat carbs for breakfast and lunch and non after 3pm

Ive started to do classes at the gym rather then spend an hour on the treadmill bored out of my skull!
I walk my dog for longer than I used to.

We have all got to start somewhere, I don't feel like what I'm doing is vague, or uncalculated, this is definitely for me!

Thank you MFP

Replies

• healthychelsea
    Options
    You are going to do so well on here with that positive mindset! Take one day at a time and listen/learn your body. Good luck to you!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Welcome. . glad you are enjoying it here. . . Balance in your diet is definitely a good thing. . . I would stear clear of fruit juices as they are terribly high in sugar and usually contain corn syrup, which stimulates appetite even 24 hours later. . .

That said fruit is wonderful in a raw form. . . as well as raw veggies. . . .and lean meats( if you eat them) . . . Not trying to lecture just throw out a few tips. . .

Good luck with your journey here.
    Jade

PS. . . as far as water. . . the general recommendation is 1/2 your weight in ounces. . . . a minimum of 8 glasses. . .
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have those dark chocolate squares too. It keeps me from wanting worse desserts and I can stick with one. Good luck here. Sounds like you are making a good start.
  • waisheimli1
    Options
    Thank you for you supportive replies!fat fighter!xxx
  • coralcrepe
    coralcrepe Posts: 10
    Options
    this is amazing. i think i'm going to try a piece of dark chocolate when i'm having sugar cravings.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!