anyone in the HEAT of the carolinas?

Options
jennor8or
jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
just looking for people in the same area with the same HEAT problems as me...ugh! its too hot outside to enjoy how beautiful it *looks* so all workouts are inside...my company gym is closed on saturdays (yes i have to work-ew) so im stuck walking inside the building...anyone have any ideas for alternate INDOOR exercise i can do at work?

Replies

• Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi I am in NC I was taking morning walks with my baby and now we don't go outside! It is SOOO HOT!!!! Killing me!
  • laranay13
    laranay13 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am in VA so I am experiencing the heat and humidity as well-yuck! Do you have stairs in your office building anywhere? If so you can maybe do some running intervals up and down those. If not you can always do jumping jacks or what I call sitting crunches. Make your core tight and then bend as though doing crunches...sounds silly but you can feel them! Also some lunges or squats.
  • jennor8or
    Options
    I am in VA so I am experiencing the heat and humidity as well-yuck! Do you have stairs in your office building anywhere? If so you can maybe do some running intervals up and down those. If not you can always do jumping jacks or what I call sitting crunches. Make your core tight and then bend as though doing crunches...sounds silly but you can feel them! Also some lunges or squats.

LOL just tried the sitting crunches, i pulled my knees up too *wondering what i must look like to my coworkers* rotfl.... thanks...headed for the stairwell now!
  • laranay13
    laranay13 Posts: 24
    Options
    LOL just tried the sitting crunches, i pulled my knees up too *wondering what i must look like to my coworkers* rotfl.... thanks...headed for the stairwell now!

That's hilarious!! LOL
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    my Durham *kitten* is sitting inside in the a/c!!! no outside exercise for me, thanks!

does your building have stairs? walk them several times. push ups on your desk or wall. triceps dips on your desk. jumping jacks.

good luck!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm in NC. I was up at 6 and at the park at 7 to walk the dogs 2 miles this morning and will be doing it again that early tomorrow. I probably sweated off an additional 3 lbs late morning and early afternoon because I worked a fundraiser we do for the rescue and it was outside. During the week, I hit the gym after work. Stairs are a great workout!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    How about jumping jacks or toe touches or goofy lunges down the hall. You won't look like a duck, really. :laugh:
  • SouthernCityChic
    SouthernCityChic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in Raleigh so I feel your pain with the heat!!
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Even here at the beach...Myrtle Beach....it's HOT!!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm in Myrtle Beach... and my AC just kicked the bucket! Landlord isn't taking care of it... so we have to stay in a hotel for the weekend... We're forcing the landlord to reimburse us :D
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in Georgia :-) the humidity is killer to me lol. And on top of that my ac in my car doesn't work either lol and my car is black lol
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    So glad we went to Myrtle in early June when it was only in the 80's. Back home in Pittsburgh now, and it's in the 90's with NASTY humdiditty.
  • Zealy
    Zealy Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey! I am in Georgia so I feel your pain with the heat and humidity. My favorite indoor activity is to crank up some music and dance around like crazy with my 3 year old. She loves it and it is a great exercise.
  • jennor8or
    Options
    Hey! I am in Georgia so I feel your pain with the heat and humidity. My favorite indoor activity is to crank up some music and dance around like crazy with my 3 year old. She loves it and it is a great exercise.

o great idea- my little boy is 2 1/2 - he would love that-- well maybe, hes super opionated "mommy i dont like that song.." LOL
  • guithekiller
    Options
    Yep, there's a 70% chance of rain|storm tomorrow so I doubt you'll worry about it much longer.