30 day shred question!!

Options
Hi I have jst got my 30day shred delivered and am planning on starting it tomoz and was wondering if anyone knew how many calories u burn in each 20min workout on each level??
Much appreciated guys as I don't know what to write down for my exercise if I start it!!!

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ill be getting mine in the mail aug4th and starting the 5th so im wondering the same thing?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Most ppl log it was circuit training so that will give you a rough idea of what you will burn. Hope that helps :)
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well it all depends on your weight and intensity of the workout...but my average is 450 calories...of course I weigh 200 pounds and I really workout like my life if depending on it...lol
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    I have a HRM and on level 1 I have been burning around 160-180 cals. I think if you log it on MFP as circuit training it will give a higher value. Of course it all depends on so many factors. The only accurate way is with a Heart Rate Monitor.
    Good luck- it is hard but so much fun!!
  • FlirtyThirty82
    Options
    When I first began the shred, I burned between 250 - 300 calories per level. Now that my body is accustomed to the workouts, I usually burn around 170-200 calories. I burn more calories if I do 30-60 minutes of cardio first, and then follow it with the shred.
  • leilaniessence
    Options
    For a 140lb person:

Level 1 -> 148 calories
    Level 2 -> 169
    Level 3 -> 159

I got that info from the jillian michaels website. I also don't understand why level 3 burns less calories than level 2....
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've seen people who use a HRM (heart rate monitor) burn more, but I estimate 200 calories for myself, based on how much I sweat and feel like dying, and how much I usually burn on a run (based on my pedometer). This isn't exact, but I'm losing weight, so it can't be too off since I try to eat back my exercise calories.
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For a 140lb person:

Level 1 -> 148 calories
    Level 2 -> 169
    Level 3 -> 159

I got that info from the jillian michaels website. I also don't understand why level 3 burns less calories than level 2....
    That's the exact thing I'm looking for and considering it was from her website too!!! Thanx fo checking it out for me!! xx much appreciated xx
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank u to all of u that posted it really has helped me!! Now I can do my 1st day of my 30 day shred after my run in the morning I so can't wait and now I know what to write down for me exercise!! Thanx guys xx