Fat on Backs of Thighs-- How to Best Tone/Lose Fat Pockets

Options
I have a rather large "bubble" of fat on the back of each of my upper thighs. Each "bubble" is about the size of a softball. I need to lose these bubbles. They are really gross. Other than those bubbles, my legs are moderately well-toned and have so-so muscle definition. But there are those nasty bubbles. I need to lose those!

I walk about 15,000 steps every day, bike a few miles each week, and do 30-45 minutes of Pilates once a week. What additional exercise can I do to tone my buttocks/upper thighs (the backs of them)? I don't have access to a gym, so any exercises I do need to be at home.

Thanks!

Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    No can do--spot exercising does not work. Sadly you'll have to resort to eating healthy, which is hard to do :-)
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, fat loss is allllll diet. You can tone your muscles with lifting weights, but the fat won't go away with spot exercising :(
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    you can do squats, plie (sp** pron.. pleey-A) squats, lunges, walking lunges, curtsy lunges, walk up and down stairs... and if you ever invest in any piece of exercise equip (about $20) get a good kettleball- u can do full body workouts and KILL your lower body with them!
    also going off of all the other posts... extra fat has to be lost by burning more calories than you take in-- once its gone, well, then the muscle will start to show-- but the exercises i posted will tone the muscles under those fat pockets so that once the fat is gone you'll have nice lean muscle in its place!
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maybe try up the toning for that area? youre getting the cardio, but the pilates is only one day a week add more strength. look up some thigh/butt exercises.

And when all else fails, my friends trainer told her she could try and break up the fat deposits by roughly massaging for about 15 minutes a day :)
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot dieting. The only way to burn off fat in unwanted areas is to just lose weight overall. That means diet and exercise. If you don't diet to lose it, you will have great muscles surrounded by the same fat pocket. Sorry :(
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you could use some sort of weighted objects and do squats. maybe a couple of milk jugs filled with water for weights or anything that has some weight to it to build muscle in those area's
  • harm_ny
    harm_ny Posts: 21
    Options
    I do pilates at least three times a week. I think you'll see more of a difference if you do pilates more often. I got rid of my cellulite (accidentally) by doing pilates 3-5 hours a week and only eating "raw". I mostly ate fruits and vegetables, nuts, and sometimes sushi. I have to admit I had very low energy during the diet, but I was doing it more for food allergies than toning, but I wound up being pleasantly surprised with how my body looked.
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. :) I don't think I should try to lose weight because I am already underweight (not significantly, but slightly). I think I need to exercise.