Blood Sugar and Binge Eating.

skinnyhopes
skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I've mostly binged on strictly sugar and carbs the past 2 days (about 4500 calories each day and 200 grams of sugar)
So, this morning I checked my blood sugar and it was 104 mg/dl, so I'm wondering is it just high because of the binge, or do I really have diabetes.

P.S: I know you can't diagnose me or anything and that I should go to a doctor , but do you think I have diabetes?

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    measure it like in the morning after a normal day before you eat anything
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    You've overloaded your body on sugar for the last two days. I don't think I would totally trust a reading you're getting right now.

Binge eating like that does some weird things to our bodies. I recommend drinking A LOT of water to flush your system right now.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    104 isn't really considered high. It's actually considered on the upper range of normal.

If you were diabetic on a sugar spike you would be in the upper 300's or higher.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    @ Laughing Dani ...

I was looking at your stats and, wow, you're nearing your goal! And you've lost a great deal of weight.

Just wanted to say Kudos to you! :flowerforyou:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,315 Member
    An blood sugar measurement is not very helpful in diagnosing diabetes. The test that a doctor runs is a HA1C. It gives an indication of blood sugar over a much longer period of time as I understand it, and thus shows if your body is having issues handling sugar.
This discussion has been closed.