Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"That" time again....

MellyG426
MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So, unfortunately I suffer from excessive water retention during our lovely time of the month. In one day, I have gained 8 lbs of water weight. I feel awful, and although Im eating correctly and exercising still, I cant seen to get out of my pjs because I look horrible. Anyone have any tricks to stop the water retention, or lessen it even? Some say to take diurex, but I dont know if I should. Please help!!

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    So, unfortunately I suffer from excessive water retention during our lovely time of the month. In one day, I have gained 8 lbs of water weight. I feel awful, and although Im eating correctly and exercising still, I cant seen to get out of my pjs because I look horrible. Anyone have any tricks to stop the water retention, or lessen it even? Some say to take diurex, but I dont know if I should. Please help!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    for me? water water and drinkin more water is what I do and I stay away from anything salty at that time especially...

Sorry you're feeling so rotten.... see how downing more water works for you to flush out your body...hope that helps:flowerforyou:
  • I know how ya feel hon. My body holds onto 10-15 pounds of water during that time and nothing I've tried helps. I just stay off the scale and take comfort in the fact that my TOM only lasts 3 days. I don't take any diuretics as the water usually starts to leave naturally the week after. Seeing that dramatic drop on the scale two weeks after TOM is very exhilarating!
This discussion has been closed.