This model is NOT starving herself.

Options
I just started modeling about 7 months ago and I am not in NYC for modeling.
The competition out here is tough, there are girls that are crazy skinny.
I for one am not going to develop an eating disorder.
I just want to change my eating habits.
I tend to have a MAJOR sweet tooth, candy being my favorite.
So lately I have been trying to replace my cravings with fruits and veggies.
I could use help and support to keep me motivated, because my problem is that i will eat really good for three days and then crash.
I hope some people can relate to me. I hope im not the only one going through this.
MFP really does a great job at helping me count my calories and making it easy to see how my exercise allows for more food.
Anyways, Im really going to try my best at staying healthy, if anyone has advice or comments or wants to be friends that would be great!
Happy and Healthy eating to all! :)

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Kudos! Don't deprive yourself of the things you're craving, maybe just cut the amount of candy you eat in half to avoid the crash
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    MFP is great for ALL types of people. Key is to no matter what stay positive and be accountable. Time pretty much takes care of everything else. Welcome!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome, eating healthy isnt all about loosing weight, its about living a quality of life! add me if you like.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are all types of people here for all types of reasons. Enjoy the website and welcome to the community.
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    I dont blame u , I don't see why anyone wants to be real skinny , it looks horrible
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for being a role-model for many young girls...it is about being healthy! You will be around later on to enjoy life because you took care of yourself.

Have you tried sugar free puddings and mousse to curve that sweet-toothe? Yummy!:bigsmile:
  • change_happens
    Options
    I personally don't deny myself any cravings. It is those little denials that end up causing me to binge, and that is something I don't want to do. So, enjoy the cookie that you are craving, that piece of candy, that cake, the pie... it won't hurt you. Just remember that a little bit goes a long way and you don't have to have the whole pie :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can be a size 0 and super muscular at the same time (if you are the right height, lol. I would hate to see a size 0 woman who is 5'9" tall for example).

And you certainly don't have to starve yourself to get there either. I think if more supermodels did some strength training, they'd look more appealing to me. I don't like the super skinny look, but if you can pull off that same size and look like you bench press me, then that's awesome.

All in all, I am happy that you are not going to be starving yourself or anything like that. I would just recommend adding some strength training when you get to a smaller size because IMHO, a smaller dress size is always sexier when look super healthy. That's what I am aiming for. My goal size might be smaller than a lot of other people, but I know it is attainable and that's what I want.

Go for it!