I wonder if

Options
Wondering if anyone has found that it is harder to lose under 10 pounds than it is to lose a lot. I am curious as it is such a struggle and am thinking is it really worth it to try and change your eating habits to the point of frustration? Or maybe is it better to realize perhaps it just won't happen?Ay thoughts or ideas? Thanks for your imput.:sad: :sad:

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the toughest to lose. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing!!!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling to lose the last pounds too. It's a long haul but I refuse to give up. Slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there. You can do it!
  • JustSheri
    JustSheri Posts: 12
    Options
    The last pounds are the hardest. You can do it. Kick it up a notch or 2
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hMMMM

Hmmmm, kick it up a notch or two, any suggestions or thoughts?:flowerforyou:
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    well, it's tough to say without knowing your full history, but usually that means change something small in your diet, eat more or less depending on where you're at right now, or add a new cardio move into your routine. It's the small things that will make a big difference when you're close to the end of the race so I hear.
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    I started MFP to lose about 9 pounds. It's tough! I just changed my goal to 1/2 lb per week from 1 lb per week and it took me from 1360 cals per week to 1610 per week which feels so much easier to me. I was struggling with less calories. Well, I don't know if just changing that up helped or what it was, but I'm really starting to see some changes on the scale and in my measurements.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It is hard, no doubt. I've had to really change my thinking so that I am not so focused on the scale and more focused on being healthier. So, even if the scale isn't moving I'm still accomplishing something, ya know? But it's hard not seeing a couple pounds fly off with ease. (Not saying that is the case for everyone with a substantial amount to lose.)
  • gloriaandison
    Options
    It's alway worth it - don't give up. I am also having a love/hate relationship with the scale, but have decided that it's more important to focus on the positive changes that I am making - like joining Pilates, and inches starting to come off, regardless of what the scale says. You can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great I am sooo happy for you...terrified if I upped my calories I would really be in trouble, allowed 1250 and have no problem keeping withhin that, guess some of my choices are pretty bad, so glad it is working for you keep it up.