What is the best advice you can give me...

Options
2»

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Commit yourself to what you are doing
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Dont let a bad day derail you
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Log your food and your exercise.
    Eat the calories from exercising
    Don't set a weight loss goal that is too high (ie. if you don't have a lot to lose, don't pick 2 pounds a week)
    Make small changes and get used them, then change something else
    Don't let one day of overeating stop you in your tracks, just go back to healty eating the next day.
    Don't stop going out or eating birthday cake, this isn't a short term fix, it's a long term change. Enjoy those treats in moderation, log them and work around them.
    Good luck!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. If you're cooking, make up a few portions (then save those in portion sized containers - for those times you are starving and/or don't have time to cook). It will keep you from grabbing just anything.
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just stick to it!! Even when you don't feel like it, log in your food. I leave MFP website open on my computer all day, so if I need to log something in I can just do it without having to open the browser, pull up the website, log-in, and yada yada......(I have dial-up so this can be a test of my patience.....) I know sometimes it seems tedious, but we make ourselves do alot of things we don't like everyday. Get some good MFP buddies who encourage you, and in turn, you encourage them back. Somedays all it takes to keep you on track is someone just giving you a quick "you're doing great!". It is a good system that works. Do like the "nike" ad says....JUST DO IT. I'll send a friend request, add me if you wish. Good Luck!!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Eat the fruit! Because, undoubtedly, you will be on here in a few wks saying that you're over on sugar because of fruit. So.... Eat the fruit! :laugh:
    So true!! And if you haven't manually adjusted your protien it's set really low. Go ahead and go over on protien and don't worry one second about it.

Oh, and get a good digital food scale. I bought a couple cheap ones before I decided to invest in a good one. Wish I had just got a good one the first time.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone bring you down. There will be people who think they are "harmlessly" sabatoging you. Don't let them. stand your ground and do your thing girl!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pick a non-weight related goal for yourself (a 5k or a long hike with your family/friends)

Also, if you have a dog, make sure it will actually run with you if you run, my dog thought the idea was fun at first...after 10 minutes she was ready to call the SPCA, PETA, anyone who would answer a dog's call.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Don't carry a flask. Nothing good can come of that. Nothing.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something, eat it. Also log your calories before you eat. It might help you change a bad decision before you eat it.

...and there's nothing wrong with carrying a flask. It'll make you look cool.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something, eat it. Also log your calories before you eat. It might help you change a bad decision before you eat it.

i like that advice! ive only been at this a few weeks, but ive definitely found that if i log the food before i eat it and see the impact on my calories... i can rethink it. but dangit, if i want ______, i'll work it in, if i can! the point to eating healthy isnt to be miserable. if you resent the food and the diet, you'll set yourself up for failure - allow yourself to have a few simple pleasures!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key to weight loss. How many times do we have a family gathering or a birthday party or dinner with friends? How many times do we say I'll start my diet tomorrow? There will always be something that gives you an excuse to not follow your diet plan. But just think everytime you make those decisions it will set you back a week or two and take you longer to get to your goal."
    Don't listen to the people that say,"it's just one piece of pie, what's it going to hurt". But than that piece of pie turns into bad food choices for the rest of he day or week. Make a goal and stick to it you will be happier in the end. I have been unhappy with the wy I look since high school. I finally made the decision to set a goal and sick with it. I am a 35 yr old female I am 5'2 and currently weight 125 and am now only 5 lbs from my gaol weight. I went from a size 10 to my current size 4 in six months. Set a goal and stick to it.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Think of your calories like money. Budget throughout the day to make sure you dont run out and the more you exercise, the more money ya have!
    Blessings, Sondra

Now that is some great advice! Thinking of calories like money and you get paid to workout... Love it! I'm gonna steal it...