Help! General Consensus?

Options
So I ate a little less than 1200 today.. although MFP says I have a whole lot left I can eat I usually try to hover there. BUT! My husband's brother came up from TX and decided he wanted to take us to dinner.. which I already ate! What do I do? Do I eat something anyway? Do I just skip the meal? I am terrified of gaining back weight that I already worked so hard to lose.. and what if I eat this meal and lose control in portions and start eating way too much??????? Advice?

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    So I ate a little less than 1200 today.. although MFP says I have a whole lot left I can eat I usually try to hover there. BUT! My husband's brother came up from TX and decided he wanted to take us to dinner.. which I already ate! What do I do? Do I eat something anyway? Do I just skip the meal? I am terrified of gaining back weight that I already worked so hard to lose.. and what if I eat this meal and lose control in portions and start eating way too much??????? Advice?

I would go along, but say that I had already eaten and have only a dinner salad with a light dressing, plus ice water. I'd pick through the salad slowly and make it last.

That's just me, you do what you need to do to be happy with you :-)

Kris
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd go out, enjoy the social occasion but eat something small - like soup or a salad.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going with the light food item idea.. thank you, guys!
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Make sure to see where you are going and check the nutrition info first. You may have enough for a small app or dessert depending on what you order. Good job!!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So don't lose control. Go out and have fun, you're not going to gain weight because you go out tonight. It's a good opportunity to practice self-control.

Cheers!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is still awful low anyways. You can easily exceed that and not have any negative effect on your weight loss. Let's not get too hung up on our day-to-day calorie counting since the magical "1200" number is still a rough guess as to what each person really needs. Go out and have a good time. You'd need to eat an extra 3500 calories just to gain 1 single pound. I doubt you'll do that tonight or any other night. You may actually jump start your metabolism to burn more fat just by going over a little tonight.