New to the site

Options
slimmer189
slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
Just found this site and so far I love it. I joined W.W. again but not doing very good at tracking - hoping this helps me - would like to lose 20lbs

Replies

• carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love this website. There is a lot of support here. I am a member of weight watchers as well, but much prefer this site for journaling, it is more realistic, and allows me to track nutrients the WW site won't track. The points just don't seem real to me (though I love free fruit :)) Feel free to add me as a friend:flowerforyou:
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am an ex-WW too. I was pretty good at it, but the economy got in the way of my "lifetime" goal, and online wasn't enough support for me. I tried SparkPeople (which has it's good bits), but I felt it was too detailed and the way the message boards were separated from the tracking didn't work for me (though I still log in and use the tools and fitness demos sometimes). With MFP you log in that there are your friends cheering you on first thing! You know there are people to support/encourage/commiserate with right when you get there--I find that level of support really meaningful (I think that's why I succeeded with WW meetings and not online). There are a few things I miss on here from both of those programs (I miss you fruit/veg tracker buttons!), but so far MFP is the best from a cost/benefit/support structure relationship. Welcome! We're all here to help each other!

Friend me if you want. :o)