Do my calorie intake ever change?

Options
Hi, I have lost some weight and wonder if at some point my calorie intake will change with the amount I weigh.? If there is less of me does that mean I need less calories?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    When we get thinner and leaner we are SUPPOSED to need less calories. But, for me this isn't true - at all. I'm actually eating more calories a day now than I was when I weighed 180lbs. I'm not sure if I"m just unusual or if it is more common than I think. I need 2200-2500 NET calories a day and I weigh 145lbs.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Go into settings and manually adjust it to your new weight. I do that every time I have a loss. 1 lb lost = about 10 calories a day less (not exactly).
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes, it changes.

You will need to periodically go in and update your goal... basically change your goal to the same thing with your new lower weight and it will change your calories for you.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. In other words, don't worry about changing the numbers unless your weight loss comes to a stand still.
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight last week there was a message that said that I may need to re-evaluate my numbers. When I was on weight watchers my points amount changed as I lost the weight.

Good luck on your weight loss!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Each time you reach a 10lbs lost milestone you get a message "It has been more than 10lbs since you've changed your calorie intake" or something like that and if you agree it readjusts. Otherwise go in and do it manually just by using the guided option, it will recalculate.

It's about 50 calories lost every 10lbs, which is why eventually you hit that 1200 calorie bottom mark and need to reevaluate goals, like going to 1 1/2 or 1lbs a week to lose.

HTH!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been at 1200 calories/day and I have lost 30 lbs. However, as I am getting closer to my goal, I was platueaing alllll the time! I was lucky to lose 1 pound in 3 weeks. So I actually lowered my weekly weight loss to 1 pound/week which upped my calories to 1350/day and they pounds have started to come off again! So I do think its smart to change it up every now and then...your body gets used to the same thing after so long.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yup, I entered 1.5 lbs lost today and my calories went from 2010 to 2000.... oh those precious 10 cals... i could eat a carrot or somethin!