First Step in a 100+ lb. Journey...

Options
LoreeBelle
LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
Hi! I'm Loree, momma to Hope (8.5) and Grace (almost 5), wife to Mike (10 years on 9-15-11!)

Today, I'm gearing up for my first step in what I know will be a very long journey. I've done this before with some success, but I've always fallen off the programs I've tried. I know the formula (track it, move it, drink water, be accountable). I BELIEVE that formula works. I've seen it. However, until just recently, I've not committed myself 100% to a life change.

I joined MFP today (7-30-11) with the intent that I will get to know the tools available on the MFP site, get all the tips I can, and begin my new lifestyle on Monday (8-1-11). I'm hoping to make lots of friends here and give/receive lots of encouragement along the way.

Who's with me?

Peace,
Loree

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

You can do this!! :)
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    Congrats on taking that first step! You came to the right place and we're all here to support you through your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! I wish you all the best!
  • kellydharriso
    Options
    Best of Luck to you on your journey! You can do it, we all can!!!:smile:
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined 5 days ago, I will be losing 160 pounds. I would love to have the support and give support to others who are trying to do the same.
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello add me if you like! I am a Iowan as well!!
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can definitely do this because you have a lot of support on here!!

Feel free to add me. Good luck to you!!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the beginning!

You CAN do this, small changes WILL add up and even only 1lbs a week will suddenly be 10 and then 50 etc.

Remember that the first couple weeks you might drop 5 or more pounds a week as you drink more water and cut calorie intake (follow what MFP gives you, there is a deficit built in already for you) but some of that is water (which is good to lose too!) and then it slows down to 1-2ish pounds a week.

In my 71lbs in 8 days short of 1 year I still average out to 1.3 lbs a week or so LOL.

Use measuring cups, get a small kitchen scale, and measure/weigh EVERYTHING. Don't worry if people think you're crazy, you're not (they are ;p).

Eat back your exercise calories (at least some, to NET 1200 calories a day).

You'll go far!!!!!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Loree, I'm so proud of you for taking that first step!! You can do it, and we can do it together. Make sure when you start that you log all your food and don't cheat yourself. That's what helps me the most. I'm going to send you a friend request sweetheart! *big hugs*
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step, it sounds like you at a place where you will be successful. If you want friends for support, feel free to add me.
  • his_bunny
    his_bunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have found everyone on MFP very helpful and supportive. Good luck!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Loree, I have been where you are now. It all begins with this one small step. They will add up to a wonderful journey, faster than you can imagine. Hang on tight here. This is the best tool for success.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    awesome! i just started 2 weeks ago - and i have 100+ to lose as well. you can do this! we can do it together! :)
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    You can do this. Remember, anything worth having is worth fightin' for. We are all stronger then we think! Let's do this!
  • brandymk
    brandymk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! I'm glad to see you here.I too have 2 children and a husband of 12 years in Oct. I joined 2 weeks ago and so far I have lost 3 pounds. Keeping track of my food has really helped me for the last couple of weeks. Wow! It has even made me accually want to exercise also! my first goal was to lose 4 pounds. I am almost there. My long term goal is to lose 103 pounds by this time next year. But for now I will just do it 4 pounds at a time. I probably should lose more like 140 or 150 pounds but I'm okay with just 103. Please feel free to add me as a friend (anyone). I need lots and lots of help and I can give a lot too!:tongue:
  • athaliah
    athaliah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is the greatest!. It will give you help on this long journey we all are on. It will have its up and downs, but thats life. Remember whats important, and with friends and support, we will all succeed.

Learn as much as you can, eat small meals and plan out snacks, and make small changes until your comfortable with everything. And there will be days that you will be down on things, but come here, and read the success forums.

With time, I will have one of those giant "I did it" posts and you will as well. So what if its going to take a little bit longer for that to happen because we have a longer road than others. Just means that we will get to enjoy more NSVs (Non Scale Victorys) than then others cause its going to take us a little bit longer.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am sorta new as well. Started in Jan I think but then ran in to health problems to find out I am gluten intolerant. All my weight loss thus far is due to that change in my diet but now I am fully committed to getting this flub off of me. We can all do it if we take it day by day. It was easy getting fat, but anything worth having is worth fighting for. WE WILL BEAT THIS! Good luck to you. It will happen.
  • CherrySourz
    Options
    Welcome!! Good Luck on your journey. I too have 100+ to lose so feel free to add me for support (goes for anyone with similar long-term goals!)

xx
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hey Sweetie!! I myself have been where you are I am still Working On reaching my goal weight, but would love to be on this Journey with you.. Feel free to add me if you like.. Good luck on your Journey {{big hugs}} always Beleive in yourself and you will acheive "Promise" *muah*

~Rachel~
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome Loree to MFP! This is a great place with lots of very kind and encouraging people. I've lost about 25 pounds and still have around 60ish to lose. I remember posting here looking for friends and feeling so lost and out of control with my eating and lifestyle. But since my first pot, the people have helped me lose 25 pounds!! I'm back in control and starting to love my exercise!
    Feel free to add me as a friend...that goes to anyone looking for support also!
    Hugs
    TripMom