help on calorie burned please?

Options
I am doing the lean version of p90x and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I should label the exercise as on my exercise diary.... Does anyone know roughly how many calories are burned in each workout?

Replies

• cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. What I have done with Insanity is just add "calisthenics, vigorous effort" under cardio. That should give you a guess. If you're REALLY working hard, you can pretty much assume you're burning 100 calories per 10 min. You're likely burning more than that, but I like to err on the side of caution. Good luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Really, the best thing you can do is get yourself a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. It's the most accurate way to determine calories burned for any activity.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Aerobic activity. Just set how many minutes you work.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm but until you've worn it for a while it isn't accurate
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    see yesterday I had it as circuit training which was about twice as much as today as aerobic so I'm a bit confused and I'm sure it only gets worse as I'm only on day two lol
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm but until you've worn it for a while it isn't accurate

I'm not sure I understand this. HRMs don't learn. If you program them with your personal info they will work properly from the first day.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    The one I bought has a time that it finds your average heart rate so you actually know how hard you are working... It's good for me because I have a fast heart rate to begin with