jeans question!

Options
i'm looking for recommendations of where to buy jeans! i've searched old navy, macys, and jcpenny so far.

okay so i went jeans shopping today and i went bust, and it was really making me mad!! i'm looking for a pair of boot cut jeans. not skinny boot, but regular boot.

i'm about 5'8, so I need long jeans and i am a size 14 if they're stretchy, and 16 if there's no stretch whatsoever. I'm willing to spend up to 70ish dollars, but nothing more!

so any recommendations? anything would be very helpful!!

Replies

• caligirl1977
    caligirl1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try the Gap....they have long lengths and more "adult" jeans.....If you have a Gap Outlet....I always find amazing deals on jeans there..hope that helps!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    i'm looking for recommendations of where to buy jeans! i've searched old navy, macys, and jcpenny so far.

okay so i went jeans shopping today and i went bust, and it was really making me mad!! i'm looking for a pair of boot cut jeans. not skinny boot, but regular boot.

i'm about 5'8, so I need long jeans and i am a size 14 if they're stretchy, and 16 if there's no stretch whatsoever. I'm willing to spend up to 70ish dollars, but nothing more!

so any recommendations? anything would be very helpful!!

OMG, welcome to every woman's nightmare!!! LOL

First of all, try places you would never try. Hit every store that carry's women's and junior's jeans. Try on pair after pair after pair. I have to try on over 50 pairs of jeans before I finally find one that fits correctly in the hips, thighs and waist. Even if you can't find a pair at the right length, you can always have them altered.

Good luck!!!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Gap has great fitting Jeans and if they are on sale it's even better!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    the only place i buy jeans IS old navy - they have short, regular, tall

and every single time i buy short they work for me....

you should buy one pair in tall and one pair in regular - they have free exchange. i REFUSE to spend big money on jeans...maybe thats why my *kitten* always looks dumpy...apparently, you shouldnt listen to me *grumble*
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Target:smile:
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If there is a Liz Clairborne/LC Outlet near you I would check them out. They are wonderful!
  • BrandiLovesPaleo
    Options
    Kohls! its the only place I'll buy jeans!
  • guinessngolf
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too and usually get my jeans either from Lane Bryant (16 tall) or Old Navy (16 long). Old Navy Talls are VERY long, about a 36 inch inseam whereas the Longs are about a 34 inseam. They carry Longs in the store and Talls online.
  • kmmatthe16
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" or 5'11" depending on what day I get measured, but I have the best "luck" with jeans from the Gap. Most of their not 100% cotton styles work for me. I prefer a tall size but they also have a long length in regular sizing. However, the fit varies a lot and it's a smidge frustrating. I have 16s that are loose and then order some other styles and cannot get them on at all. But their boot cuts seem to always work and run about 70 bucks. Old Navy jeans never work for me because they are always way too big in the waist. And it's the same company, so go figure!! :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Try the Loft or Anne Taylor or J Jill.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I only wear flared jeans :)
    I found some cheap ones at Rue 21.
    I like Old Navy, but they always seem short.
    Maurices has some nice jeans, especially the Silver Jeans (my cousin bought me a pair since I lost weight)

We have a consignment store here that specializes in "name brand" clothes.
    I bought a pair of 7 for all mankind (I think that's what they're called lol) for $30
    I've gotten a few pairs of Silver Jeans for around $20. When they get to big, I take them back and get new jeans :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I really like jeans from Delia's. :)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have the best Jeans luck at thrift stores. There's usually a ton of different styles to choose from in all different sizes. You have to look through them all (and wash them as soon as you get home!!) but sometimes you may find a style that's flattering on you that simply isn't on the racks right now.
    Also-- My legs have always been a bit on the muscle-y side and the biggest challenge for me is finding ones that will fit over my quads without gaping in the back. It seems like if they've already been broken in a little, they fit better in the legs.
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    I always find that Bandolino jeans fit me best and they have boot cut. I usually find them at Belk Dept store but Im sure they can be found elsewhere as well. Price is usually $35. They have some stretch to them as well.

Good luck!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    From all the suggestions, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Buckle.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I buy my jeans at Old Navy, Ross & Target. ON & Target are great because they have different fits. Since I still have the belly, I usually try to find something that's mid-waist with relaxe or curvy in the thigh since I lose faster in my waist than in my hips.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thanks for your suggestions everyone!! i am going to hit the mall tomorrow!
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    When I shop at certain places, its horrible. I remember one time I went into hollister just because I was looking for a pair of skinnys and OMG, I didn't bother trying on another pair after trying 3 sizes larger then what I normally take. I really like levi's ( you can find then at Kohls, Nordstrom has great jeans ( they can be pricey, but it you have a nordstrom rack near you, you can find great bargins! and realllllllllllllllllllllly good jeans, deliahs has good jeans to and they always are having a sale!) good luck!! once you find that pair, you will fall in love with them and never want to take them off!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    found a pair i really like at old navy! the skinny flare! only 25 a pair on sale...i got two! thanks for all your advice everyone! im still looking to buy more/different jeans so i will be checking out the other places!

oh and i feel you about hollister/abercrombie....so painful to shop there!