another newbie with 100 to lose! :)

Options
i see there are several here - so i'll be quick! my name is amy - and i have 100lbs to lose. or more. my first goal was 5lbs, and i did 8lbs in my first week (a fluke, i think!) my calorie intake has dropped dramatically, and im actually eating more than i was before. for giggles, i tracked an "average" day's food from before, and it was well over 2,100 calories. :(

MFP has set my calories at 1800, and im coming in 200-400 under each day. im not feeling hungry - so is that okay? should i be trying to get to the 1,800? i want to do this right, because it IS a lifestyle change... and im so glad to see the support structure here!

ive been overweight my entire life (well, for as long as i can remember! LOL). i have been as low as 150 as an adult - which was perfect for me - but that was after optifast (i didnt eat a single bite of food for 15 months) and it came back with a vengeance. my son was born in 207, and when i started MFP a few weeks ago, i was 20lbs more than the day i delivered him! and he was 9lbs!! so that was a big wake up call...

so here i am! i'd love to get a network going here, so if you have 100+lbs to lose and want to add me, please do! heck, even if you dont have 100 to lose - and just want to cheer me on, i could use it!

i'm going to work on getting "before"ish pics this weekend...

Replies

• datawitch
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose also. I just started the Optifast program with Kaiser, but it is only for 30 weeks and they have another 52 weeks for support and learning a lifestyle which will help keep the weight off. (I hope!!!) Here's to us!! :flowerforyou:
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have well over 100 to lose, double that or more actually :D I'll add you as a friend :) And if anyone else would like to add me aswell feel free I don't have that many myself :) We can use all the support and motivation we can get that's for sure