Struggling week 3-4

Options
I have not logged in for a long time ive been struggling with not feeling like im changing on the scales but exercising so hard out, also sstruggling with being on such a tight food budget i can only eat what i buy on the cheap and is fulling for the family (who are all not over weight so fine for them!) but im recommitting, ive had a lot of compliments that ive lost weight (i havent told others about this as i have failed so much thought will stick with being open to the mfp crew) and look good but my self confidence is a new low. Im weighing in tomorrow morning, preparing for the tears but committed to this! honesty is the best policy so watch thiis space. Mel.

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back from a month of lapsing into old habits (and lots of pounds back!). We can do it. Recommit. Make Plans. Be an active participant in your own weight loss. WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good for you for not quitting and sticking to your guns- you will look back and be so happy you did.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it will help you. But you said you have received compliments but the scale isnt moving. This is happening for me too. My scale has barely budged at all. But my belt is looser my pants are looser and I can actually see the bottom of my belly button. But the scale only says 2-5 lbs? In 6 weeks? strange right? You and I may be experiencing the same phenomon(sp?) I decided to try not to let the scale bother me so much. We are doing this for our health and to look better right? If our health improves and we look better then we are reaching our goal? At least that is what i tell myself and it is definatly helping. Hope this helps too, feel free to add me as a friend :) we can lean on eachother shoulder
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting better but you're not losing pounds, it's most likely that you're gaining muscle (which is a great thing).
  • MelissaRosexXx
    MelissaRosexXx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thank you for your reply, will send friend request!