Help with stone to lbs

Options
Hey everyone ..... i went on the scales and they say i'm 9stone 11lbs but when i use a converter online to turn it in to pounds i get all different answers anything from 123lbs to 140lbs so how much do i weigh in pounds ?? i just can't get my brain around this and why do the converter all say different. i need to no my start weight to keep track of weight loss x

Replies

• climbingpanda
    climbingpanda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I stone is 14 pounds. Therefore 9 stone is 126lbs if you then add on the 11lbs that gives you 137lbs.

HTH

Sarah
  • ensoleille
    ensoleille Posts: 56
    Options
    There are 14 pounds in a stone so it would be 9 times 14 add 11 I think, so you would be 137 :)
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    I had asked my husband what a "stone" was so he looked it up. He found that there is a European and an American measurement and they are not the same weight in lbs. I'm not sure which is which but that might account for the discrepancy.
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make that 137lb

Just x your stones by 14 and add the remaining pounds :) 9 x 14 = 126 +11 = 137

Good luck :)
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I cheat and use google. :wink:
    Just type in 'xx stone xx lbs to lbs' and the answer pops right up.
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    You can work it out manually because there are 14 pounds in every UK stone; 14lbs x 9 = 126 + 11 = 137
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I use the free App Convert. Just checked and 1 stone = 14 pound there :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I use the free App Convert. Just checked and 1 stone = 14 pound there :-)
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    14 lbs = 1 st

Thus... if you were 12 st 4lbs

12 * 14 = 168 + 4 = 172 lbs
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    In the UK 14lbs in a stone (16oz in a lb). Can't believe it's different in the states??? Why can't these things be universal?
  • lilygirlx
    lilygirlx Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you every one i was forgetting to add the 11lbs on lol