Fighting FIT or SkinnyFab.....which one??

Options
Frannswaz
Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
On balance if you're eating right and exercising hard - burning calories, toning and building muscle mass - you should be gaining weight (muscle mass) and also losing weight (fat mass ). Overall it registers as an increase in weight.

If you're not exercising much but harding eating then you're going to loose weight.(fat and muscle)

My question is:

Skinny or Fit?

or

Model or Athlete?

Replies

• ScoutMom1
    ScoutMom1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Fit most definitely!! I want to kick butt, not break in half :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Athlete! I've been a model (no, I really was!), and I was far from healthy, although very slender. I'd much rather be fit and healthy now!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Fit! I think skinny fit = fab :)
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fit most definitely!! I want to kick butt, not break in half :)

HeeeHeeee....lol
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    honestly, id rather just be naturally skinny. I really like that look.

I do also like the fit look too. I think it looks lovely and healthy, but if i was naturally skinny, i probably wouldnt bother exercising

having said that, i do enjoy it too, but id probably never have started if i hadnt needed to
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Fit Athletic for sure!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    On balance if you're eating right and exercising hard - burning calories, toning and building muscle mass - you should be gaining weight (muscle mass) and also losing weight (fat mass ). Overall it registers as an increase in weight.

If you're not exercising much but harding eating then you're going to loose weight.(fat and muscle)

My question is:

Skinny or Fit?

or

Model or Athlete?

There is so much more to it than this. To gain weight when exercising properly, you really would need to eat a caloric surplus, as your body prefers to burn fat...and muscle gains take a much longer, slower process than people here seem to believe. That kind of makes your initial statement invalid (not trying to be rude). Either way, exercising and eating properly...you should lose weight. I am a perfect example. I was eating healthy, and on an aggressive strength training program with NO cardio. I put lots of muscle on everywhere, and have still lost 30+lbs in just over 3 months.

7434194_5028.jpg7434194_9039.jpg

Also, for the record, I'd say go with fit...your body will love you for it :).
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Fit, slender and healthy is all I wanna be.... Says the skinny woman trying to gain some weight! :happy: :laugh:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do not want to be skinny. I've been skinny - at around 100 pounds for my 5'5" height - and I looked like poop warmed over. Sunken cheeks, shadows under my eyes, drab, scraggly hair, and bones sticking out all over (hipbones, ribs, elbows, wrist and anklebones). Everybody and his brother asking if I was sick....Yuck, yuck, yuck. :sick:

I have great curves normally, and I want to keep them. I just want the layer of fat gone and some muscle definition showing. I'm getting there!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I would love to be skinnyFab...but I don't think I have that body type, so I'll be happy to be fit
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have been skinny - I was between 102-105 pounds 2 years ago for a few years. A couple times due to stress at work I dipped under 100. In retrospect, it was not a good look for a 5'4" girl.

Now I am fit and athletic, and I weigh a healthy 110 pounds. I like this me SO MUCH BETTER. I look younger, I feel better, I have tons of energy, etc..

SKINNY IS A THING OF THE PAST!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have been skinny - I was between 102-105 pounds 2 years ago for a few years. A couple times due to stress at work I dipped under 100. In retrospect, it was not a good look for a 5'4" girl.

Now I am fit and athletic, and I weigh a healthy 110 pounds. I like this me SO MUCH BETTER. I look younger, I feel better, I have tons of energy, etc..

SKINNY IS A THING OF THE PAST!

10!

Oh wait...wrong thread!

More seriously...I agree with you completely :).
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Skinny AND fit? The problem with that super slim look is that only the young really pull it off because young people have such great natural muscle tone - after 25 or so you have to work for it or even if you are technically "skinny" you will look "fat" -- you'll have hangy flabby arms and legs and a little hangy belly pudge.

I have a friend who is very thin, works her *kitten* of on the stair stepper at the gym every day and can't figure out why she can't get rid of her belly pudge. She tells people she's fat but she's NOT, her collarbones and wrist bones are super visible. But until she tones the muscles in her belly and arms its going to LOOK like fat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Neither. I'd like to be somewhere in between. Not athlete muscley, but not skinny with no muscles. I prefer the more natural look. Like you live an active life, but don't spend hours in the gym or in front of the mirror.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I rather have the fit look than the skinny one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!