Slim fast???

pinklady86
pinklady86 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 30 in Motivation and Support
Hi guys how is everyone? Right my problem is ive lost 27lb and now stuck ive been stuggling to stick to my diet lately as its not happening (losing weight) Sooo now i was wondering bout starting slim fast for bout two weeks to kick start me again... any one else tried slim fast and and ideas????

Help need going way in 3 weeks and want to shift this stubborn bit!!!

any advise would b gratefully received :)

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Slim Fast is great with a big plate of chicken wings, some bleu cheese and celery...mmmm.
    :tongue: Just kiddin'

I never did find Slim Fast to be an effective means of making me feel in control of my diet, though. I haven't tried it in years but it just was never enough.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    i never found it to be fulling id always be starved after....and it gets expensive after awhile
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    I don't follow the slim fast "plan" but I do use it for breakfast during the work week. But I eat meals or snacks every two to three hours so I don't feel deprived having just the slim fast at breakfast.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I've used it before, a long time ago. I've the stretch marks to prove it.

It's full of sugar, so you'll be hungry and moody.

Most importantly, you'll learn absolutely nothing about food, and most likely heavier thab you are now in three months time
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    A couple years ago I figured I'd try the shakes... drank a shake on my way to meet coworkers (as we were working out of town and car pooled to get there). Finished it, got off the highway at my exit and had to stop at a gas station to throw up before I could get to the meeting spot. I threw out the rest of the shakes and haven't touched a slim fast anything since lol.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bump..i have a fridge full of slim fast..i would like to know as well
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    I use it for a quick lunch..i like it.. It helps me to control my other foods for some reason it takes the guess work out of figuring what to eat. I know alot of people claim there is sugar in it. However i find there is sugar in a lot of food. the fat is low and so is the calorie but it now has protein in it to. It helps me and that is my opinion plus it take s great like i feel like it is a treat and i dot feel deprived of other things.
  • jas3734
    jas3734 Posts: 1
    My doctor told me that it is actually good to drink Slim Fast because it is packed with nutrients. However.... I would recommend Atkins Advantage shakes instead OR the low carb Slim Fast shakes. I lost 40 pounds in 3 months on a low carb diet. I used to always follow a low fat diet and it did me no good. Don't go crazy on the fat but remember that fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does.

Eat a hard boiled egg with your shake and it will help fill you up!
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    I'd say try weight watchers!
  • pinklady86
    pinklady86 Posts: 6 Member
    Wow guys mixed review, i dont intend to do it for a long period just a couple of weeks just want to kick start me, as im stuck, i drink water all day till it comes out my ears... just need a little kick start,

the hard boiled egg sounds like a good idea, i only want to do it short term just throught id give it a go,

now not soo sure :(

ive just been stuck for sooo long now and its getting me down,
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,275 Member
    I did slim fast a couple years ago with mixed results. I did lose weight, but it did make me sick a lot, like nauseous. My body is kinda sensitive to certain things. Anyway, then I got preggers. And after I had my baby I found mfp and didn't feel the need for slim fast
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    My biggest result from Slimfastwas that I got seriously Constipated!! :tongue: Sorry about the TMI!!

:flowerforyou: Make sure that you are eating enough calories. The most common mistake we make as we lose weight is that we do not increase our Intake to match the Calories Burned. I have done it myself more than once--One time it was at the end of a Biggest Loser Contest at Curves. I gained 2 pounds before I realized what I had done!!
    :wink: (i still won the contest, tho!!)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Look, it's not going to do you any harm for two weeks, it's just not going to do you any favours, especially long term.

You know full well a proper diet and exercise program (that you stick to) is the only long term solution.

If I were you, I'd seek help with sticking to your proper diet instead :)
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    I keep a few cans of Slim Fast in my fridge for sudden chocolate cravings that don't go away, or when I'm hungry later in the evening and only have 200 calories or so left in my day. It tastes great (my opinion), kills chocolate cravings, and it fills up my tummy for a while. I also use it for breakfast some mornings, because sometimes when I wake up, I'm not hungry at all but I know I NEED to get something in my belly or I will be starving by lunchtime. So I'll have a Slim Fast for breakfast and then a small snack (fruit, salad, 100 calorie pack item) sometime between breakfast and lunch.
  • Just started slim fast today. Had my first shake just a few minutes ago. My husband and I are finally having our wedding 6 years and 2 kids later in about 10 weeks in Vegas. I need to lose 20 pounds, which I know is possible (2 pounds a week). I'm gonna try the 3-2-1 slim fast plan and include 3 small snacks. I saw the constipation remark so I grabbed a metamucil wafer for my snack....LOL!! Prevention! Anyway, good luck! I've read some reviews on other sites and basically, like everything else, it works if you work it. So, I'm gonna give it my all and I hope you find what you're looking for.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    I've never tried Slim Fast, but my mom and my husband both have. My mom used it short term a few times and always gained the weight right back even though she was following Weight Watchers at the time. My husband used it for a few weeks and lost quite a bit of weight but got REALLY sick and had to quit using it.
This discussion has been closed.