MFP Runner's Club Sunday 11/16

Options
Good morning. :happy:
Great day for running here. About 53 degrees and sunny when I started out. Ran 5K to meet my running group for a 10 mile run, then the 5K back to home by myself (16.6 miles total).

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Great day for running here. About 53 degrees and sunny when I started out. Ran 5K to meet my running group for a 10 mile run, then the 5K back to home by myself (16.6 miles total).
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Runnerdad you ROCK! Seriously...I always love reading your posts. I am hoping if it warms up a tad here today I will get out for at least 5 miles. Is 31 too young to move South for the winter?

Happy Running!

Ali
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Going out for a 5k now. May try to make it more. Will let you know when I get back.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Runnerdad you ROCK! Seriously...I always love reading your posts. I am hoping if it warms up a tad here today I will get out for at least 5 miles. Is 31 too young to move South for the winter?

Happy Running!

Ali
    Actually, i'm a Canadian. I didn't move south until I was 30. The thing is, we look forward to winter running in Florida, because from May through mid-November, it is usually 78-80 and HUMID! even if you get your run in before dawn. (And God help you if you have to run in daylight:laugh: ) My running group jokes about being vampires, because we usually schedule our runs to be finished by dawn, no matter how early you have to start.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Inspiring posts!
    I did 5 miles today in the blustery wind.
    I wish I had a running partner. All my friends live more than 20 miles away or are pregs! Oh well, it gives me some alone time with my music. Happy running all!
    Lisa
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Hello runners

One year ago today I was in the hospital having a stent placed due to coronary artery disease. Today I ran 13 miles. It was a beautiful day for a run! I enjoyed today's activity far more than last year's!!!

Good running to all,
    JD
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners

One year ago today I was in the hospital having a stent placed due to coronary artery disease. Today I ran 13 miles. It was a beautiful day for a run! I enjoyed today's activity far more than last year's!!!

Good running to all,
    JD

Wow, that's amazing!! What a difference a year can make! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Great run!! WTG!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    6 mile run. Longest in a little while, leg feels totally healed and I haven't had any problems.

27* when I ran, but it felt pretty good!!

Jess
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow great run on the one year ago with a stint.
    I have great news also.
    Today I went out and while it was really rough getting going at first I got in a 4.5 mile run outside for the first time since I had my reconstruction operation last month. I was having a hard time coming back to running from this operation. It is getting harder and harder everytime I have to stop for something, but today was a great day!!!
    I really feel wonderful and eager to get back to a regular routine again
    sm
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Inspiring posts!
    I wish I had a running partner. All my friends live more than 20 miles away or are pregs! Oh well, it gives me some alone time with my music. Happy running all!
    Lisa

Great job! I have 3 friends that I run with. 2 of them are training for a marathon so they ran 20 y'day! So it was my other friend & I this morning. I like http://www.cardiocoach.com for ipod workouts when i run solo!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Going out for a 5k now. May try to make it more. Will let you know when I get back.

Hope you had a good run!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Happy Running!

Ali

Hope you had a good run and the weather warmed up!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wow great run on the one year ago with a stint.
    I have great news also.
    Today I went out and while it was really rough getting going at first I got in a 4.5 mile run outside for the first time since I had my reconstruction operation last month. I was having a hard time coming back to running from this operation. It is getting harder and harder everytime I have to stop for something, but today was a great day!!!
    sm

I'm glad that you're feeling better and getting back to regular routine!

Jess
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I ran 12 miles this morning with my group. All in all a nice day to run, 27* with flurries, little wind around the lakes, it's getting cold!!!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Inspiring posts!
    Lisa

Great job! I have 3 friends that I run with. 2 of them are training for a marathon so they ran 20 y'day! So it was my other friend & I this morning. I like http://www.cardiocoach.com for ipod workouts when i run solo!

Jess

Thanks for the site. I'll try it out! :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I ran 12 miles this morning with my group. All in all a nice day to run, 27* with flurries, little wind around the lakes, it's getting cold!!!

Great job!! 27* here too in IL. :bigsmile: The wind wasn't too bad, but that hot shower and coffee was nice when I got home! :wink:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks for the site. I'll try it out! :happy:

No problem. I have volume 5, 8, & the Press Play workout and love them for variety. Especially while on the elliptical!!

Jess
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Incredible, JD. You are certainly an inspiration!

:flowerforyou:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have great news also.
    sm

Yay, Strawberry! :happy: I'm really glad you're feeling better and getting back to your regular routine. You'll be there before you know it!