Looking for support in a long journey to getting fit (100+ l

newellby40
newellby40 Posts: 3
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Good Morning,
I had "lap Band" in Feb this year. I have been told that is Cheating, taking the easy way out and such. I have found the opposite. Looking for support and online friendship, and encouragement.

Thanks,

HOw do you get that wt ticker to work on here?? LOL

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Feel free to add me! When you fight consistently against your weight, nothing that you do is "cheating" when it is done under the advisement of a physician. The biggest thing you have to do is learn how to eat correctly and exercise so that when the lap band comes off, you don't put the weight back on. I'm rooting for you!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Feel free to add me! When you fight consistently against your weight, nothing that you do is "cheating" when it is done under the advisement of a physician. The biggest thing you have to do is learn how to eat correctly and exercise so that when the lap band comes off, you don't put the weight back on. I'm rooting for you!!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Good Morning, Newellby40!

I'd be happy to friend and support you. I haven't had any surgeries, but have a long journey ahead as well. :flowerforyou:

For the ticker, go to Tools>>Tickers>>Change the style of your ticker
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Hey there! Don't listen to negative comments from the peanut gallery! Everyone is always going to have something to say and it's because of their own insecurities!

Listen, everyone's journey is different. Everyone takes different paths. You did what you needed to do and NEVER feel obligated to explain your choices to anyone else.

Now that your surgery is complete, people forget you still havd a road ahead of you. You may have additional weight to lose, calorie goals, fitness goals and so on. You just do what works for YOU! And as long as your on the way to happiness and health forget all the nay sayers!
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Cheating? I don't think so. Any assistance to aid you in your quest to a better you is a major first step to take. You should feel good about your decision. I have been wanting to lose weight for some time now. Decades in fact. I wanted a magic pill or someone to make me do it. I didn't have enough motivation to do it for me.

A co-worker shared her "secret" for her quick weight loss: Healthy Figures. I joined, took the appetite suppressants and drastically limited my caloric intake to 500 cals/day. Lost 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I knew I couldn't successfully continue on such limited diet, so I contacted my physician. We worked together to create a plan for me.

Now I am 30 lbs lighter, have a significantly improved dietary lifestyle, and still working on a regular exercise routine ;-)

I would love to friend you and be here to support you if you'd like.

Welcome to MFP!!

Janelle
  • Hi, congrats on your loss!! You should never feel bad about a physician approved program. On this journey, no two paths are exactly the same. I do not know a lot about the lap ban, but I know it is only 1 step towards your ultimate goal. You must still eat right and exercise. This is a lifestyle change, it requires commitment and hard work. I would love to support you on your journey.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    You gotta do what's best for you! Any way you do it, you still have to learn about nutrition and portion control or it just doesn't work for the long haul. I have friends that had the full bypass done, and haven't lost what they needed to, or gained the weight back. Nothing works unless YOU put the work in! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.