Popping feeling in right leg

Options
i stopped running a couple of months back, because my leg went pop while out on a run. I went to the dr and she said I'd pulled a muscle. I rested and iced my leg regularly and I went out on my first run again today. I didn't go too far, or too fast but when I stretched afterwards, I felt the popping again. Surely this isn't just a pulled muscle, or it wouldn't still be happening?

Replies

• roxiebrooks63
    Options
    My knee started doing that. I had a torn meniscus! Scheduled for surgery this Thursday! Hope that isn't your problem!
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    May sound like an odd question, but are you running correctly..I used to run, landing on my heel first and rolling out to my toes I also used to get this popping sensation followed by knee pain. I learned to run correctly landing on the ball of the foot with it directly under my body and then rolling out to the toe. Knee pain gone popping sensation gone. It took a while to get used to running like this after 35 years of running how I used to. If this is not the case do see a GP. Keep me posted.

Johnny