Want To Share My FIRST NSV!!

Options
Just wanted to share my very FIRST NSV!! I just came home yesterday from a week long trip and it was such a HUGE challenge to stay within my calorie limit AND get my exercise in. On past vacations, weekends away, etc.....I would usually just give in and say "I'll treat myself because I'm on vacation". I usually end up coming home with 5-6 lbs gained. And then have to lose those lbs AGAIN!! Last week I went to Orlando with my husband for a week......he had a business convention he had to attend and we decided to make it a little business/pleasure trip. I joined MFP on 7/5/11 and didn't want to mess up all the hard work I've done and was determined not to gain 5-6 or more lbs! Can I just say how HARD it was to try to do this while eating out everyday!! I did eat some of my breakfast and lunch meals in our condo but even with that it was still tough!! I can't tell you how many grilled chicken salads I ate!! :laugh:

I did also manage to exercise at the fitness center 4 times during the week. This morning I weighed in and weighed exactly the same as I did last week.......no loss or gain!! At first I was kinda disappointed that I didn't even lose a few ounces because I really did try very hard every meal when making my choices. I was just under or slightly over every day with 4 days of exercise. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that I DID exactly what I set out to do........to NOT gain 5-6 or more lbs after being out of town for 8 days and should be VERY PROUD of this!!

And I AM!!

Just thought I would share :happy:

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    job well done :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    well done you, I know how hard it is when you're away from home, so that's a great achievement :)
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be very proud!!! I am very proud of you!!! Vacations are horrible for dieters!!! But you managed to stay within your limits!!! Great job!!!
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good job! It sounds like a challenge and you met it head on and did what you started out to do. WTG!
  • DTRTinAZ
    DTRTinAZ Posts: 29
    Options
    That's a great NSV! It is so hard when you're not in your element to stay balanced...but you did it! Nice job...stick with it and you're going to see the results you desire!
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself. Being away from home and our usualy routine is hard and I think you did a great job. Congrats!
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Working out while on vacation is MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT! Nice work!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    And well you should be! Vacations are one of the toughest nutrition/exercise challenges we can face and you were clearly the big winner. Great job!
  • crnaiwilb
    crnaiwilb Posts: 19
    Options
    Strong work!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great comments everyone!! :)