Anyone know much about fitness? 30 Day Shred modifications.

Options
Hi there,

I have wrist problems which basically mean I can't put too much pressure on them, so no push ups etc.

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred and can now do the whole of Level 1 at the hard level, using the heaviest weights I've got. When they do the push ups at the start I usually do either push ups away from a wall, or that thing where you hold a dumbell above your head and bend it backwards.

It's definitely time to move up a level but there are sooo many plank moves in L2 that I just can't do. Do you think it would still have a similar effect if I was to follow all the moves that I can do, but then do the jumping jacks/buttkicks etc with weights instead of doing those plank moves?

Or can anyone suggest any good alternatives for these exercises?

Thanks in advance,
Mel x

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about 30DS but a common modifier for plank is to rest on the forearms rather than the palms. Would that help?
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the 30ds yet, but are the plank moves you can't do because your wrist your you literally just can't do them? Are the planks like holding yourself up in a full push up position? If they are do them on your forearms like bend your elbows and do them that way. That's he way I do planks and just keep practicing at them and you'll get better and be able to hold it up for longer.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Do them on your elbows... I'm sure it'll work just as well.
  • melissa2807
    melissa2807 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can do the plank on my elbows - you know I never thought of that *doh*
    I will def try that out, hopefully it will work. Only thing is if it will bring me too close to the ground, there are a few moves she gets you doing, one is like a squat thrust, the other is kid of doing the plank but then putting your legs to the side (I'm rubbish at describing lol)

I will give them a go tomorrow though, thank you :)