count calories no weight lose

I have counted calories for a over 1 month and still no weight lose. I lose a lb or 2 but seems that the next day it is back. I am trying the carb count now but it gets boring fast. Not sure how to do a low carb meal, any ideas? (HELP)

Replies

• Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    are you filling in your diary completely? It looks like there are gaps. If you are, you're eating far too few calories. It looks like most days you're under 1000.
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    i took a peek at your diary and it looks to me as though you are intaking to much sodium and not drinking enough water. Try increasing your water. The more sodium you intake the more water retention your going to have but the more water you drink the more it is going to flush out. As for a low carb diet.... eat more veggies and fruit. Try to stay away from breads and potatoes. I use Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats. Yes they still have carbs but not that many. Feel free to friend me. Hope i helped.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    I am waiting to see what other people say but I am so with you. Been exercising my butt off, counting, staying within caloric range but weight staying the same. I do note that when I do the lower carb days that I lose a little but then the high carb day, I gain it all back. I quit smoking in march and am thinking that with my post meno age makes losing weight pretty darn difficult. Trying to figure out what combo will work...very frustrating!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Not sure if you're vegetarian, vegan, or anything, but a good meal is broccoli and veggie chicken/real chicken. A month isn't very long though so don't get too upset, maybe you're not eating enough calories. Plus exercise is key so if you're not exercising that could be part of it. =]
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Yeah I really don't think you're eating enough you MUST eat at least 1200 calories a day. Maybe up it so you eat that much and no less.
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    When I was on Atkin's diet I learned one major thing about carbs... anything made with White Flour and White Sugar (capitalized for emphasis) is bad for your body. If you stay away from those things, you will be okay. Essentially that means don't eat any processed foods. Keep it natural and grown and you'll be okay. Stay away from fast foods and anything that comes in a box, and you'll get ahead of the game.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Losing weight is more then just counting calories. It really helps to monitor sodium intake as well as including as many whole, unprocessed foods, as possible. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and everything I have researched indicates we should not go under 1200 calories, as this is what our bodies need for normal brain and body function. It has also been my experience that cardio is crucial. Good luck!
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    I find that the key for me to help cut carbs is nothing white! No pasta, potatoes, bread (white), etc. If you eleminate just those three things, it should make a major difference in carbs. It's not all the carbs, but it's a good start to try.
  • asawmiller
    asawmiller Posts: 1 Member
    I learned a LOT about healthy eating (and how awful I was at it) after trying to lose the weight i gained during pregnancies. I think a great meal plan is to try to do a fruit (w/ NF yogurt) for breakfast or egg beaters, for lunch: veggie burger or chicken/fish with cabbage, onion, zucchini stirfry, and then for dinner, try to have some chicken/fish with green beans and a rice. Also if I get sick of the cabbage stir fry, I get bibb lettuce, put some turkey in them, with a pickle and some co-jack cheese and mustard. I eat about 3-4. I just really try to push the protein. I agree with the sodium thing. you'll find that your water retention won't fluctuate as much.
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Yeah I really don't think you're eating enough you MUST eat at least 1200 calories a day. Maybe up it so you eat that much and no less.
    thats technically not true... it all depends on your body... i'm alotted 1500 calories a day and i only eat between 800-900 calories. and i very rarely eat my exercise calories . IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR BODY!!!! if you feel that you are doing everything correctly and you are not losing weight then talk to your doctor and see what he/she thinks.
  • veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    The thing about not eating enough calories is that it's not a sustainable lifestyle in the long run. As you continue to lose weight, your daily caloric allotment will decrease. Do you really want to eat so few calories for the rest of your life? I would get pretty tired of that pretty fast.

I am not willing to do anything during my weight loss journey that I'm not willing/able to do for the rest of my life (severe calorie restriction, diet pills, low carb, etc). Of course you can lose weight by eating less than 1000 calories per day, but your body will adjust and when you start to eat more, you will gain weight. Ask yourself if you think that is something you would be willing/able to keep up forever. I would much rather eat more calories, and lose weight more slowly, as I will be more likely to keep the weight off for the rest of my life.