What's your desire today?

Options
Sorry everyone - missed yesterday and today's is late but here it is!

Today is Sunday and it is my desire to:
take my boys and their friend to the park and play in the water fountain and have some family fun (and run around with them as my exercise!)
get them to cooperate and get their room cleaned after a night of rambunctiousness and little boy destructos!
enjoy a healthy dinner, maybe using my new pots & pans to make delicious side dishes for the wonderful hens my other half will grill later
to be done with my reading (this is unrealistic, but I may give it a go late tonight anyway)
to remember to drink my water

What is YOUR desire today?

Remember: real, relevent and obtainable TODAY.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    To make it through work without breaking down. Sundays are the worst days because we are SOOO short handed on Sundays. It is always stressful and pushes me to the breaking point almost every week. So, my goal for today is to let it roll off me. Not let it get to me. I am only one person and I can only do so much.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Its my desire today to put yesterday behind me & start over. (im on vacation away from home)
    Its my desire to get some exercise in today.
    Its my desire to make good choices with food but still enjoy our trip.
    Its my desire to get along with my family & to be more patient
    Finally its my desire to thank you & MFPs for being here when i need to rely on you to keep me goin.
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My husband had to go to work today. I planned taking my son to the park and get some exercise while I'm at it. So I can later have a take away meal for dinner.
    I just got back from the park. My husband brought me an ice cream which I just took two bites of. I was really annoyed at him working on a Sunday so we had a small fight and now I think I'll just eat anything for dinner. Don't feel like eating anything fancy anymore :(
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hey there!
    Well done for achieving your desires! You must feel very proud of yourself :smile:

My day is almost done but I have only just seen this topic and wanted to comment on it anyway!

My desires for today were to:

Get right back on my diet (I went to a wedding last night and was worried that I might get thrown of track after overeating and drinking)
    Shop for healthy and nutritious food at Waitrose that's low in sodium and sugar, and get there just in time for the amazing last-minute mark-downs!
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Log everything in my MFP diary and record my thoughts
    Pack my gym bag tonight so it's ready for tomorrow. This also helps to prepare my brain that I will be going to do a gym class tomorrow.
    Tidy my flat
    Early night (bed by 10.30pm)

Apart from packing my gym bag, drinking all 8 glasses of water and having an early night, I have done everything.
  • Natasha7t2
    Options
    My husband had to go to work today. I planned taking my son to the park and get some exercise while I'm at it. So I can later have a take away meal for dinner.
    I just got back from the park. My husband brought me an ice cream which I just took two bites of. I was really annoyed at him working on a Sunday so we had a small fight and now I think I'll just eat anything for dinner. Don't feel like eating anything fancy anymore :(

Hey there
    Sounds like today has been a bit stressful for you. Sorry to hear you had a small fight with your husband.
    When you say you will eat anything for dinner, what sort of food will you eat?
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Well, it must be a sign that I saw this and am feeling the pressure to commit to my desire in writing and in public...

I've been thinking about starting Couch to 5k - it's what I was thinking when I went to bed last night and again when I woke up this morning but I'm dreading the thought of actually committing to it, so here goes...

I am going to start Couch to 5k TODAY! Whew, that's actually kind of exciting! Hopefully I can convince my hubby to join me and we can fit it in before he goes to work tonight! I think it will be a HUGE help for me to keep at it if he is doing it with me.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!
  • lazybis
    Options

Hey there
    Sounds like today has been a bit stressful for you. Sorry to hear you had a small fight with your husband.

:) yeah since it's a Sunday I just wanted to relax.well I had been eating home cooked food all day and counting calories all along! Now that I'm home, I'll probably make a chicken wrap with lots of mayo and ketchup :D to fulfill my desire of eating unhealthy..lol..and maybe watch a movie if my baby doesn't bug me much :)
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    My desire today is to not take every tantrum that my toddler throws completely to heart. Hubby works nights so he's asleep all day, and my fifteen month old is cutting teeth -- you do the math! That means long afternoons and little energy for momma. But today, I'll take it all in stride, take baby to the park and run around with him, and enjoy a couple of walks to keep the stress to a minimum.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    To make it through work without breaking down. Sundays are the worst days because we are SOOO short handed on Sundays. It is always stressful and pushes me to the breaking point almost every week. So, my goal for today is to let it roll off me. Not let it get to me. I am only one person and I can only do so much.

I hear you, lady! That's me just about every day, but you're strong, and you can do this. Also, your display picture cracks me up! Hahaha. :laugh:
  • Natasha7t2
    Options

Hey there

:) yeah since it's a Sunday I just wanted to relax.well I had been eating home cooked food all day and counting calories all along! Now that I'm home, I'll probably make a chicken wrap with lots of mayo and ketchup :D to fulfill my desire of eating unhealthy..lol..and maybe watch a movie if my baby doesn't bug me much :)

Sounds like you need and could do with a day off. Enjoy!
    Tomorrow is another day :)
  • lazybis
    Options

Hey there

I like to take a break from everything on Sundays.Even healthy eating! Just got a chicken burger and wings..:P hehe.but of course I can't afford to go above my calorie goal..and yeah after a boring weekend, so not looking forward to the next week...
    Anyway, thanks for your support :) Sleep good!
  • Natasha7t2
    Options

Hey there

I like to take a break from everything on Sundays.Even healthy eating! Just got a chicken burger and wings..:P hehe.but of course I can't afford to go above my calorie goal..and yeah after a boring weekend, so not looking forward to the next week...
    Anyway, thanks for your support :) Sleep good!

It's hard to feel good about the week ahead if you have had an uninspiring weekend. I know exactly how that feels.
    Guess you just have to take things day by day, be gentle with yourself and trust that things will pick up soon. (I'm sure they will.)
    Hope you enjoyed your chicken burger and wings!
    Sleep well too and any time re support :smile: