Lost and found

On June 14th, I had emergency surgery due to an etopic pregnancy. I lost a fallopian tube, over 1 liter of blood and several millon tears. I was unable to workout for 3 weeks due to my severe anemia and eating wasn't top prority either due to the nausea of pain meds and being so sore that I all really did was sleep, so I actually lost about 4lbs, which made me happy. When given the ok by my doctor, I began to workout again slowly. About 15 days ago, i timed a 5.2 mile run only to find out that I was 2 minutes slower than I had been only 30 days before. This devestated me and I spent 1 day crying over the loss of control of my body, cried for how quickly my body lost what I have spent almost 2 years trying to gain. So, last week I timed my run again and I was 1 minute faster than the week before! Yay, and then today I was 45 seconds faster than I was last week, In 15 days, I have practically regained the strength and speed that I thought I had lost. I felt fantastic running this morning and actually felt fast and then when I looked at the timer it was the best feeling of accomplishment that I haven't felt in a long time. Normally, I would have turned to food immediately after suffering such a loss of a much wanted pregnancy and then I would have eaten even more after I realize I had a major backslide in my strength and endurance. And I'm not so naive to think I wouldn't have any loss in my timing after such a major surgery and blood loss but I was very disappointed and it was a real struggle to keep going but I'm happy I did because this could have controlled me but I refused to let it by turning to exercise to drown my sorrows instead of food. Only 18 more punds to my goal weight!!! Thanks for all the support MFPals!!

Starting Weight: 245
Current Weight: 163
Goal Weight: 140-145
Total Weightloss to date: 82 pounds!!

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Wow. It's your courage I admire more that anything. Coming back is harder than getting there the first time. Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    I admire your determination! Soon you will be setting new records!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    amazing!! thanks for sharing :happy:
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    I also admire your courage and determination. To go through what you did and come out of it a better person is amazing! It's great to hear that you didn't give up and you didn't give into unhealthy temptations. It's so easy, I think especially for women, to turn to food in times of grief. You were determined to get yourself back to where you were and it made you stronger. Congrats on how far you've made it...you look great!!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Kudos to you for getting back on track 3 weeks after! I had an ectopic in 2002, and didn't do much moving for at least 2 months....and the hormones, forget about it! You are truly inspiring to be back in the saddle and kicking it health wise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!