Insanity users, did you eat the recomm about by the program

Options
njean888
njean888 Posts: 399 Member
I meant amount not about in the header

Hi everyone, for those of you that are doing or have done the Insanity program are you eating the amount the Elite Nutrition Plan suggests. If so, did you actually see weight loss with that amount? Also did you eat that amount on the rest days as well?

It has me eating 1800 calories and I'm just a bit nervous eating that many calories.

Thank you

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I am on Month 2 of Insanity. I love the program. If you are planning on following the program everyday then I suggest you eat the recommended calories. I dont follow the Insanity workout daily, I incorporate other programs along with Insanity. Insanity is very high Intense and you will definetely need your energy from good carbs. Bananas, fruit, nuts, seeds, sweet potato,...etc.. If you dont want to follow the meal plans then just try to eat as clean as possible. With a cheat day here and there. I hope you do great with Insanity. I love it. Im going to do another round with a hybrid of P90X.
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Everyone is pretty much different when it comes to caloric intake, but I you should be pretty safe consuming a good amount of calories when doing such a vigorous workout like Insanity. You'll definitely need the energy! Anyway, I did not lose a lot of weight with Insanity, but I did lean out and lose some inches, and I definitely got faster on my run! I would see how it feels for the first week or so and adjust from there. I think the hardest part is actually trying to consume that many calories, because most of us are so used to trying to consume less. Again, I really think you'll want the extra energy:0) Hope this helps!

Cassie
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the Elite Nutrition guide, but I did eat more in order to compensate for the calorie expenditure. Plain and simple, the body needs fuel to burn. And that applies to any kind of physical activity that you do, whether it's a sport, a DVD workout program, or going to the gym.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am 23 5'8" 156 pounds. I am eating around 1600 calories per day.When I do my Insanity workout out, I burn around 450 calories. I am on month one. So my net is actually around 1100 to 1200 per day. I am currently losing over 2 pounds a week since I have started. I do not follow the guide, I use some meals from it to add to my diet, so I am getting enough protein.

I really find that if I do not eat around 1600 calories, I am extremely hungry. So i would recommend to try it and adjust if you need to.

edit to add that my "lifestyle" is sedentary for my calories. I sit 10 hours a day for my job. (I am a call center rep)
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    No I stuck with the P90X Fat Shredder Plan because the Insanity Program would have me on a higher caloric intake. If you are getting the results you want with your current nutrition plan then stick with it. You just have to supplement your nutrition plan with a recovery drink immediately after the Insanity workout because Insanity will drain almost all you glycogen. Beachbody sells a great results/recovery drink but I use Endurox R4. A protein drink is not a recovery drink. The carb to protein ratio has to be exact - 4:1. Endurox has 52 g of carbs and 13 g of protein.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    No I stuck with the P90X Fat Shredder Plan because the Insanity Program would have me on a higher caloric intake. If you are getting the results you want with your current nutrition plan then stick with it. You just have to supplement your nutrition plan with a recovery drink immediately after the Insanity workout because Insanity will drain almost all you glycogen. Beachbody sells a great results/recovery drink but I use Endurox R4. A protein drink is not a recovery drink. The carb to protein ratio has to be exact - 4:1. Endurox has 52 g of carbs and 13 g of protein.

I have P90X as well, I think I will compare that plan to this one. Thank you