c25k starting 1st August - support group?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I was on week 7. But then I got sick and wasn't able to run for a week. I knew I wouldn't be able to jump back in at week 7, so I skipped back to week 5. I'm now on week 6 again, but I would've been on week 9 at this point. Oh well, I'm glad I did it.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. How are you all doing? Is everyone starting to feel like "a runner"?

I'm on W6D2 tomorrow. My first 5k is on 30th Oct so its coming up now!!

Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of us all!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    doing great so far. W7D2 did it today on the treadmill
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    W7D3 did it yesterday!!woot moving onto week 8
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey all! I'm so embarrassed to admit this but I started Week 8 two weeks ago (completed Day 1 just fine), but somehow I just lost my motivation and have not done ANYTHING since! I plan on re-staring Week 8 today and finally finishing the program (hopefully I won't have to repeat any weeks). Very disappointed in myself but not giving up. I figure the more I fess up, the more likely I am to get off my behind and just DO IT!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My workout partner, Sarah, and I graduated the C25K program last week and are running 3 days a week now (except this am - my back it on the outs)! We are both amazed at how easy the first full 5k was even though neither of us have every been "runners"! Thanks for starting this group - knowing others have trudged through with us has really helped. If you're not done yet, DON'T GIVE UP! Keep your head up and just DO IT! :bigsmile:
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I'm on W7D2 tomorrow. Still going strong. Hope I can increase my distance to 5k soon! :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I really want to get back in to this, this is the second time I have dropped out after week 3! I think I have decided im just not a runner!

Has any one got n e tips for me to get me started again and to keep going this time? xxx
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Hey PP. I found weeks 3 and 4 the hardest. When I look back at my stats I actually ran the fasted in those weeks - because the time intervals are short I kinda sprinted them and then walked really slowly after tiring myself out. Not particularly good - now I run slower but can go for 25mins.

I'd suggest just started back directly at W4D1. Run SLOW, like really slow.

The second half of the programme is definitely easier!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    W8D3 done!! tomorrow I start week 9..week 4 was the hardest for me I had to do an extra week of week 4 before moving on but after that it was easy for me..hang in there don't give up..
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I'm on a mission to make my last c25k run (W9D3) to be my race day on 30th October. So no slacking for me. I'm writing this here for some accountability

My schedule looks like:
    Wednesday 19th - c25k W7D3
    Friday 21st - c25k W8D1
    Sunday 23rd - c25k W8D2
    Monday 24th - c25k W8D3
    Wednesday 26th - c25k W9D1
    Friday 28th - c25k W9D2
    Sunday 30th [RACE DAY] - c25k W9D3
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    week 9d3 done!! woohoo i completed the program!!