Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HCG drops..Have you tried them?

I ordered some - they are currently sitting in my refrigerator. I tried them once for a few days - then I just totally fell off the wagon of diet and exercise all the way around.

I'm looking for anyone that has used the drops and would like to hear their input about them. Likes/dislikes - success - or not....anything will be helpful

also - please feel free to add me as a friend! :)

Replies

• veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    I had a coworker who did HCG last year and lost over 40 lbs. She gained it all and more back when she started eating again. I just don't see how you can maintain that loss once you go back to eating "normally." Anyone can lose weight eating 500 calories a day. Is it healthy or sustainable? Probably not.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Scam!! Make sure you do some real research before ordering anything like this.
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the 500 calorie thing. I just don't even see how that is healthy to be honest. I haven't heard much about them other than from one friend who ordered them and lost 60lbs rather quickly so I ordered them - but when I read that you were to eat only 500 calories I thought "WHAT!?!" My daily intake through MFP is 1500 a day! LOL
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Eat right and exercise and throw those drops in the trash.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    500 cals is way 2 low, can u not do it but stick 2 mhp cals?
  • veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    I would MUCH rather take twice as long losing the weight while eating 1500 calories a day, than starving myself and dropping the weight quickly. I would be a major grump eating only 500 calories! Stick with the MFP guidelines and you should be good :)

Good luck!
  • Shan80
    Thanks everyone!!

I think I'll do what aa1440 said and throw them away and stick with MFP plan and with my walking 2 miles a day and the 30 day shred DVD. :)

I would be VERY cranky, not to mention starving, only eating 500 calories a day! LOL
  • I know someone who has just started following this plan also. I'm curious to see how it's going to work for them. There may be something to it for a "quick" drop of weight, however it's the maintenance afterward that is key to avoiding the weight coming right back. Having said that, been doing MFP for about 2 weeks now and couldn't be happier with the changes.
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Just like any "diet pill" you lose alot of weight while you are taking them but as soon as you stop you gain all the weight back if not more. I havent personally taken anything, but a good friend of mine had done the HCG thing and she said she lost 50 pounds but with in 3-4 months after she quit taking it she gained all of it back and about 5 pounds more. Girl...throw it out...you dont need it. Slow and steady wins the race with great results. Just make the best choices in food. You can eat just about anything in moderation. You can do this with out some "Fad diet pill". I have faith in you. If I can do it...anyone can. YOU GOT THIS!!! :wink:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the 500 calorie thing. I just don't even see how that is healthy to be honest. I haven't heard much about them other than from one friend who ordered them and lost 60lbs rather quickly so I ordered them - but when I read that you were to eat only 500 calories I thought "WHAT!?!" My daily intake through MFP is 1500 a day! LOL
    Another part that's not often brought up before people begin using them is "no exercise", they don't allow it!

That right there has always been a red flag to me (among others), how can a person actually get in good physical shape without working out?

Not that anyone could actually workout eating a mere 500 calories a day though..in a healthy manner.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Thanks everyone!!

I think I'll do what aa1440 said and throw them away and stick with MFP plan and with my walking 2 miles a day and the 30 day shred DVD. :)

I would be VERY cranky, not to mention starving, only eating 500 calories a day! LOL
    You've just made a very very healthy decision, all the hard work in losing only to gain back? Nah! None of us want that, right?:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Shan80
    You can eat just about anything in moderation. You can do this with out some "Fad diet pill". I have faith in you. If I can do it...anyone can. YOU GOT THIS!!! :wink:

Thank you!! This is exactly the kind of support I need!!
  • Shan80
    oops duplicate post
  • Shan80
    You've just made a very very healthy decision, all the hard work in losing only to gain back? Nah! None of us want that, right?:wink::flowerforyou:

Thank you!! I think I have as well! I definitely don't want to bust my tail to lose this weight only to gain it back! The only reason I wanna gain anything back is because I'm pregnant! LOL
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Thanks everyone!!

Good for you for not going with the fad diet. 1,440 calories a day with exercise will let you BUILD muscle and tone....the HCG might helt you drop fat through starvation, but you'd also lose a crazy amount of muscle on that kind of a plan, meaning if you quickly gained back weight you may end up at the same number, but with a higher body fat percentage (and thus even larger than before).

Healthy weight loss.....I hear all the cool kids are doing it. ;-)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Thanks everyone!!

good exercise plan. walking is always fun and that 30day shred is worth the money. drink your water, eat your calories and that weight will fly off, and STAY off.
  • w4rn3r
    w4rn3r Posts: 63
    Hello there, I just found this forum through a google search and I'd like to tell you my story, 37 days ago i wieghed 18 stone 4 pounds and decided i needed to lose wieght, my problem is i have no will power what so ever.
    While checking my email junk folder i came across a email about HCG and its benefits for losing wieght and after a about a month of research into HCG I decided to take the plunge and buy some drops from the USA.

After what seemed like months (2 weeks actually lol) the HCG arrived at my uk address, I had bought in the bottled water and all the foods were ready and waiting the meats and fish wieghed into 100g(3.5oz) portions and bagged in seperate food bags in the freezer, I was ready to start my 2 loading days where i could eat anything and everything i wanted, I was scared to start the diet at first because of the thought of starving to death on a 500 cal diet but after putting on almost 5 pounds in the 2 loading days i thought what the hell, i had my notepad ready to note my wieght down each morning aswell as what meals i had that day (incase certain foods worked better than others).

The main Reason i chose to do this diet is because you dont have to exercise at all, because i have damaged lungs it was perfect.
    The morning after my 2 loading days i wieghed myself and was encouraged to see that i had lost 3 of the 5 pounds i had gained, the next day another 2 had gone followed the next day by another 3 pounds, my wife who is on the slimming world diet said "oh thats probably just your body getting rid of the excess water" I said probably but i was on a high watching the scales go down by 2 or 3 pounds per day. At first the food was a bit bland but after doing some more searching on the web i found some great recipes and guess what, I have never ever felt hungary i even have 3 bars of chocolate in the fridge that havn't been touched at all, the only thing that got me was at the very start we took our son to macdonalds he had a full burger meal the wife had a chicken ceasar salad but all i had was a cup of black tea(because my food was going to be prepared at home) the smell from the just cooked hot fries made me feel a bit hungary but as soon as they cooled i was ok and i can honestly say i have never cheated while on this diet.
    I havnt lost any muscle mass what so ever, i dont feel hungary at all through the day HCG truely is amazing stuff, the wifes even thinking about doing a phase on it after our holidays.

Well i bet your all wanting to know how much i have lost upto now, i started my 40 day HCG diet on 25th of June 2011 wieghing 18S 4 &1/2lbs and as of 31st of July 2011I now wiegh 15 Stones 9 pounds exactly, I have lost a total of 37 and 3/4 pounds over 38 days, some days you stall and some you hit plateaus but on average i have lost between 3/4 and 1 pound per day, im still not bored of the food the wife actually has the same as me but with a bit more meat and more veg ofcourse and she loves the recipes aswell.
    After we come back off holiday in october I am going to do another round of HCG, 21 day one this time though to lose the last 18 - 20 i need to get to my target weight and BMI
  • w4rn3r
    Thanks everyone!!

Good for you for not going with the fad diet. 1,440 calories a day with exercise will let you BUILD muscle and tone....the HCG might helt you drop fat through starvation, but :indifferent: you'd also lose a crazy amount of muscle on that kind of a plan, :indifferent: meaning if you quickly gained back weight you may end up at the same number, but with a higher body fat percentage (and thus even larger than before).

Healthy weight loss.....I hear all the cool kids are doing it. ;-)
    I've been on the HCG diet for the last 38 days and I havnt lost any muscle mass what so ever, infact i have more energy and feel stronger than before.
  • w4rn3r
    Thanks!

Another part that's not often brought up before people begin using them is "no exercise", they don't allow it!

That right there has always been a red flag to me (among others), how can a person actually get in good physical shape without working out?

Not that anyone could actually workout eating a mere 500 calories a day though..in a healthy manner.
    Hi there the reason no exercise is allowed on the HCG diet is because doing exercise would burn more calories and your body would switch to starvation mode and start to store fat instead of burning it, it would be counter productive, the exercise and healthy eating comes along after you have reached your goal weight to maintain a healthy lifestyle
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Your going to get a lot of negative comments. You might want to join us here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300314-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?hl=hcg&page=9#posts-4036936

we refuse to be negative here.