workout burn out

Options
hello everybody !

hope yous all having a good weekend,,,

ive got the blues............. i think ive hit my exercise limit,, ive been doing 1h30m a day/6 day a week for a couple months now but now im fed up.. i dont want to do any exercise... i havent for all weekend. i took a break.. i will force my booty into gear tomorow into the gym but i think i will slow down ..

i feel guilty though.. like im not doing enough... lazying about..

is 1h/6 day a week enough ? am i letting myself go if i dont do as much ???
could this help this slow down in my weight loss ive been experiency ? i think i have a plateay looming over my head....

i will adjust my calories accordingly ..
i just need reassurance that im not lazy

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello everybody !

hope yous all having a good weekend,,,

ive got the blues............. i think ive hit my exercise limit,, ive been doing 1h30m a day/6 day a week for a couple months now but now im fed up.. i dont want to do any exercise... i havent for all weekend. i took a break.. i will force my booty into gear tomorow into the gym but i think i will slow down ..

i feel guilty though.. like im not doing enough... lazying about..

is 1h/6 day a week enough ? am i letting myself go if i dont do as much ???
    could this help this slow down in my weight loss ive been experiency ? i think i have a plateay looming over my head....

i will adjust my calories accordingly ..
    i just need reassurance that im not lazy
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You are not lazy! Getting up the energy or motivation to work out is tough for a lot of people. If you need a break, take a couple days off and just watch your calories. Then, since you've been working out most days of the week, you might miss it and be ready to jump back in. Plus try to change up your excercise routine so you don't get bored always doing the same thing.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

girl, exercising 1hr/6days a week instead of 1 1/2hrs/days a week is not lazing about, so don't even let your self think that it is.

The fact is, life is more than exercising and low-calorie meals. What I mean is, you need to find the balance between a healthy lifestyle and all the other things that make up your life. You wrote that you "think [that you've] hit [your] limit." Listen to your body and mind...The smart thing is to re-evaluate, as you are doing, so you do not become overwhelmed and/or keep a healthy lifestyle from becoming apart of your life.

You should be so proud of yourself that you are so commited to changing your life. I had a look at your pictures, and you look great! You also look happy, and that is the best part. Listen to yourself and adjust accordingly.

:flowerforyou:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1.5 hours a day is a lot! I find my daily limit to be a hour, and if I go much over that, I'm done. In fact, many days I only do 45 mins., and I'm in pretty good shape. Even 30 mins. is good it you're doing something intense like running.

Do you vary your exercises a lot? I never do the same thing two days in a row, nor in one week, if I can help it. I alternate between strength training and cardio, and then I try to vary the types of strength and cardio workouts that I do, too. I used to get burned out and I'd quit when I did the same thing all the time. This time I've stuck with it for over two years and still enjoy it. Maybe you just need to find a new activity that makes you feel excited about working out again.

Cheryl
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :smile:

that is what i needed to hear !!!

i do a lot of different things in my work out...but i do a bit of elliptical everyday
    monday - 30 min elliptical, 1h jazz fitness class
    tuesday - 30 min elliptical, 1h body combat class
    wednesday- 45 min elliptical 45 min swimming (lenghts, crawl)
    thrusday - 45 min elliptical 45 min stairmaster
    friday - same as wednesday
    saturday - 1h bike, 30 min tae bo dvd
    sunday - break

the do weights all through that.. i try every second day,, but i dont have a schedule for it
    witch means i end up spending more then 2 hours in the gym some day.
    one day a guy that works there said to me as i left... what !! your leaving us already !

i will try not to do as much .. maybe i will take the whole weekends off like i did this weekend from now on... even if i find it hard to eat only 1200 calories .. and i will do only 1h every second day.. so will do 1h30 min only 3 times a week

i still feel guilty through.. its hard to let go of that feeling
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more, not so I lose weight, my calorie deficit takes care of the losing weight part and I eat all of my exercise calories so therefore not losing weight that way. It makes my body firmer for sure, but I don't exhaust myself, nor do I beat myself up that day if I don't exercise, as I then just stick to my calories. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to giving your body a couple hundred extra calories once in a while without burning them off and it certainly doesn't hurt to give your self a break from exercise.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, don't feel guity for giving your body a break... if you are feeling "burned out" - then maybe your body really needed this break. Watch your calories, make a 30 or 45 minute trip to the gym a couple times a week and decide to have fun, do something that makes you feel good and don't just stare at the calorie counter. Hey, I just had surgery last week and I feel like walking into the kitchen to make dinner for the rest of the family exhausts me and the 100 trips to the bathroom a day (yes, I am exaggerating) is like running a marathon. Point is, like everyone said, listen to your body - put on your sweats, take a nice relaxing walk outdoors, watch the leaves change or enjoy some kind of scenery, just enjoy your life and new found health and body for a couple days then re-evaluate you exercise routine!!
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!! YOU CAN DO IT!!