if you lost 30lbs look here!

Options

Replies

• Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    about 2.5 months for my last 30lbs, but I have plenty to lose so it's coming off fairly steadily at the moment.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5 months, but that was with a few weeks off here and there. I wasn't very disciplined for a while.
  • carolineJ82
    carolineJ82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs in 5 months xx
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Less than 3 months I hit 30 lbs. It took my husband about 2.5 months too.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's taken me about 4 months to do that, 203.8lbs to 173lbs.

Same here...but 3.5mos, 212-175. So 37lbs.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! People lost their weight FAST! I think it took me 7-9 months? Maybe longer!
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
  • catcoot1
    catcoot1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last year I went from 185 to 155 in about two and a half months. But that may have been too fast because it started coming back pretty quickly. Now I'm trying to do it all over again.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 30 total. I started MFP on February 15th and still currently have 6 pounds to go. So for me, losing 30 pounds has taken 5-1/2 months and counting....
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    I was trying to lose 30-32 lbs total, and I've lost 30 so far. It's taken pretty close to 7 months for me.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I think what you really want to know is how long it will take YOU to lose 30 pounds and everyone is different but estimating 5 lbs/month + one big month (most people lose a lot the first month) where you lose maybe 10 and you're looking at 5 months. People who are very heavy lose a lot faster but you don't look very heavy in your picture so its not likely you'll drop as fast as some of us did.

I dropped 30 lbs in about 3 or 3.5 months BUT this last month has only been about 5 lbs and 10 of those pounds include about a 2 week period where I was so sick that I ate almost literally nothing for about 9 days and then another 4 days where I didn't eat MUCH because it hurt. I don't recommend you do that although it certainly was successful for me personally because I did nothing but lie around and sleep the whole time (minimal calorie expenditure) and it hurt SO bad to eat I would choke down a couple bites and stop.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started at 366.6 on April 30th and hit 336.4 (30.2 lbs) on July 17th which is just over 11 weeks.
  • paulettebe
    paulettebe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 in 9 months, struggling to lose my last 3lbs..
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mmm. 3 months, going from 205-175 pounds. I slowed down to 4-5 pounds/month after that though. The more you have to lose the quicker it'll go.
  • slimmerme2012
    Options

I think what you really want to know is how long it will take YOU to lose 30 pounds and everyone is different but estimating 5 lbs/month + one big month (most people lose a lot the first month) where you lose maybe 10 and you're looking at 5 months. People who are very heavy lose a lot faster but you don't look very heavy in your picture so its not likely you'll drop as fast as some of us did.

I dropped 30 lbs in about 3 or 3.5 months BUT this last month has only been about 5 lbs and 10 of those pounds include about a 2 week period where I was so sick that I ate almost literally nothing for about 9 days and then another 4 days where I didn't eat MUCH because it hurt. I don't recommend you do that although it certainly was successful for me personally because I did nothing but lie around and sleep the whole time (minimal calorie expenditure) and it hurt SO bad to eat I would choke down a couple bites and stop.

Well, back in 2007 I lost 30lbs...took me 4 months. Then in 2010 I lost 30lbs again and it took me 3 months, so yeah really was just wondering about everyone else.
  • catcoot1
    catcoot1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The slower you lose it, the more likely it is to stay off. Statistics show that 80% of people who lose weight will regain all of it and sometimes more within two years. Slow and steady wins the race. Sad but true. I try to remind myself not to cut too much or work too hard because I'll just have to do it all over again next year.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    2 months or so
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    12 weeks.....
  • amberwaves74
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe how fast people are losing. I have a respiratory condition that causes fatigue and limits my heavy cardio. So I'm stuck with moderate exercises like walking, biking, and yoga (no Insanity for me). If healthy long term wight loss is 1-2lbs/week, then I'd expect it to take 15-30 weeks depending on how much you exercise and how much total weight you have to lose. good luck!
  • hhan
    hhan Posts: 74
    Options
    The slower you lose it, the more likely it is to stay off. Statistics show that 80% of people who lose weight will regain all of it and sometimes more within two years. .

there are actually new studies that show the opposite is the case, as in the quicker you lose the more likely you are to keep it off. :wink: (Nackers, L.M. et al 2010 International Journal of Medicine 17:161-167)

It took six weeks for me on a low carb regime, but I had a LOT to lose. Thankfully not so much now.