Losing Weight While on Vacation

So I am headed out for 6 awesome days in Denver and I am really worried that I am not going to be able to stick to my eating plan while we are away from home. We are eating breakfast at the hotel everyday (full kitchen in our room) but then we will be out for lunch everyday and most days for dinner. I know that some days I will go over my calories but I want to make sure I don't just throw in the towel and lose all the hard work from the last few weeks.

Any suggestions or advice?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    I managed to keep losing while on vacation. Just stay active, log everything, and try to stay under (but still enjoy yourself! You're on vacation)! I'm sure your hotel has a gym. Use it when you have downtime in the mornings or evenings. :smile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Get the healthiest things you can find when you go out to eat, first of all. If you're going to a sit down place, as soon as you order, ask for a to go box and put half your meal in it. Those portions are huge and it's very easy to overeat if you're looking right at it. Also, most of the time (in my experience, at least), vacationers do a lot of walking. You're going to be in Denver..Colorado is known for its outdoorsy/healthy activity lifestyle. Join in on that while you're there. Go for a hike or something. Also, water, water, water. Does the hotel you're staying at have a fitness room? A lot of hotels are building mini-gyms for their guests. If so, go check that out. Good luck and have fun!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    I think having your own kitchen is a real benefit! Go grocery shopping and stock it with healthy snacks and easy healthy meals. I agree with above poster about hotel gym...use it!