I JUST RAN A F*****G 5K! THE DIRTY DASH!!!!! PICS!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That looks like SUCH a blast! Rock out... Jam out... ya know, all that good stuff.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    We have a "down & dirty mud run" coming up in October...thinking of signing up. It sounds so fun!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    So, as I sit here relishing in my most recent accomplishment... I want to cry-- because I NEVER thought I would willingly sign up for a 'run' of any kind a few short months ago.

Here is the thing, if you haven't heard of the Dirty Dash... well number 1: you're missin out!!! and number 2: you will be suuuuuper jealous. It is a 5K(some locations have 10K as well) mud obstacle course. My shoes were water-logged, becoming 10lbs ankle weights, I am cut and bruised and scraped from all the different obstacles. EVERY muscle in my body is aching. IT IS A GOOD FEELING!!!!

But any race that has you drinking beer before you run, and WHILE you run (BEER CHUG OBSTACLE?!?!?!) AND AFTER you run.... well, I. AM. DOWN. :glasses:
    *kitten*, the Dirty Dash team has NEVER run out of beer while conducting a race.... but the Billings, MT crowd managed to do that not only once but TWICE!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I HATE running outside, or well, I did... I do believe this race changed me.

About halfway through the race, I started to think "What in the *kitten* am I doing??!?! Holy Hell this is hard!!" but then I corrected myself, "I'm running a F*****G 5K!!! That's what I am f*cking doing!!!!!!!" OHH YAA!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The Dirty Dash
    Billings, MT
    July 30th, 2011
    Time: approx. 58 minutes

278974_198212293565673_100001307107181_482952_8223394_o.jpg

OH!! And one more thing.... I would have never been able to come this far without MFP and all the wonderful and supportive people here!! I owe a HUGE thank you to everyone!!!!!

Awesome! Just completed my 1st last month, was super happy and already for next one. How happy do you look in this latest photo...keep up the great work!
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That looks like so much fun!!! I bet it was a great time too! Congrats of finishing it! That is awesome!!!! javascript:add_smiley('drinker','post_body')
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!