I'm new here :)

Options
Hi, my name is Alicia. I've been using MFP for about a week, but haven't really gotten a chance to explore the forums. I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds (I have already lost about 3 pounds). My family, friends, and boyfriend aren't too supportive though. They say I don't need to lose weight, when in reality the healthy weight range for someone with a height of 5'2 is between 99 and 115 pounds. It's great that the forums are here for people looking for support :). Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia, as long as you are losing weight for YOU, then I dont see why you shouldnt. Just dont do anything drastic, eat healthy and stay active!
  • darlynnwd
    Options
    Sometimes I think that we Americans are so used to seeing heavier people that we think of that as being normal. I get the same comments, esp. since I'm short (5') and petite. While I want to lose another 13 lbs., my main focus is to be diligent with my workouts, learning persistence and perseverance. :)

Welcome to MFP! It's a great place for motivation and support, and I especially like the diary to keep track of what I do.

:)Lynn