Another VERY stressed out newbie stopping by to say..HELP!!!

I am looking to get back to where i was a few years ago. I am trying to lose almost 100 pounds. It is hard though for anyone at all to lose but being stressed out, makes it worse.

I have a 4 year old daughter who was diagnoised on her third birthday with cancer. ( BIG Stresser) From being in the hospital all the time, i gained 60 pounds in like 4 months. It was horrible.. Finally after Bella was found to have No Evidence of Diease, We were able to get back to normal and i had only lost 10 pounds but was working hard on it. On valentines day this year we hit another road block when we found out that Bella had relapsed and this time they were not sure if they could do anything. Needless to say in a month i gained 41 pounds. I stress eat JUNK all day long.

Bella is now on a steady track and is doing ok. (thank GOD) We are now doing out patient chemo so i can cook normal foods at home. I try, god knows i do, to eat better and cut back on soda and Tea. I find that as soon as i start thinking about what could happen to our Bella, something snaps in my brain and i crave soda, and carbs..

I feel horrible, physically and mentally. I really need help to keep focused!!! I feel that if bella can do all this chemo and still smile afterwards, why in the heck cant i get this off..

What is the best way to deal with stress.. I cant just up and go for a power walk like i use to, i have bella here all day long.

Does anyone have any good ideas???

Thanks everyone..

Shannon

Replies

• Butterbuns30
    Butterbuns30 Posts: 31 Member
    Help is here...let's see exactly what the problem is and we can go from there. I too am stressed...to the point my hair is falling out...and of course food is my friend. But I need new friends. Sounds like you can use one too. Let's see what we can do for eachother.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 139 Member
    I'm always looking for new friends. We can help each other :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Welcome and feel free to add me if you would like. I figure the more help we have, the better our success will be
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Welcome! Dont we all know what its like to be stressed :/ ugh. Lets hope that being on here and having the support helps out a little. Feel free to friend me :)
  • Life is a journey and I'll be glad to walk it with you.

Do not stress on things. People come and go. Life situations occur at the most inopportune times. Stuff happens. You can get through anything - just believe in yourself. You can do anything you want!! I never got into psychology, but I took an interesting course in school. All situations are like a coin. YOU CHOOSE to react good / favorably to a situation or YOU CHOOSE to react badly. Life doesn't MAKE US stress. We do it to ourselves.

I've been there. Worried about everything. Would be lying if I said I wasn't still a worry wort. But I've learned to accept things in stride. Whatever is stressing you, together we can get through it. I'll be there for you if you'd like. Just friend me.

Janelle