Ever feel guilty?

Options
i work 12hr shifts in a steel mill 4 on 4off...my calorie goal per day is 1850. i woke up tonight before my night shift and went to the gym...worked out and now i have 2250 calories to eat. went to Subway and instead of the veggie sub, went with the turkey on wheat, actually put cheese on it this time and bought a sugar cookie! i havent had one in soo long, but i figured that since i have 2250 to eat tonight i would splurge a bit....and it was flippin delicious!

but do you guys ever feel guilty when eating something sinful, and you have the calories to spend?

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    No :-) I lloovvee my sweets and if I worked out to earn them then I'm eating them and enjoying every bite!

Now if I don't have the calories left and I eat something bad... I feel a little guilty.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    yep. sittin here after dinner with calories to burn after eating all day long (meals and snacks) killer work out. Not sure how i'm going to spend the exercise cals. I won't eat 'em all back, but I definitely need more than I have taken in so far. Maybe an adult beverage or two. Nutritious? no. delicious? yes. we'll see what the rest of the night brings....
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Notatall!!! :-)

I had an extra 1200 to spend today -and I ate the gluten-free version of oreo cookies. I don't get those often so I enjoyed it to the tune of about 800 cals. I still have cals left, too! <grin>
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I work hard for my calories. I eat healthy most of the time. There are days where I will splurge. Instead of getting a turkey vegie, I get my cold cut combo and it is soooo delicious! The other day I had a medium french fry from Mcdonalds, I have not had one in a long time. It was soo good but I remember why I do not eat MCdonalds that often because it made me want to take a nap!

So my point is, you work hard, eat right most of the time, definitely treat yourself every now and then, DO NOT feel bad about it!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    man, i feel guilty if my deficit is less than 500 calories... which is pretty much every day lol...
  • OtakuEngineer
    Options
    Not at all, although I usually have tons of calories left over since I work out hard everyday and have earned them... although some days I don't know what to do with them, like today I have 1300 left over at the moment. I have myself at only a pound a week through, so I went down to 2 a week I'd certainly have fewer to play with.

But every now and then it's great to have something different... like the other day I went to Cars Jr and had a turkey burger, didn't get all the mayo and sauce, and a small fries, came in under my goal for the day still and it was nice to have something like that.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Sometimes I feel guilty, but the feeling is usually fleeting. I exercise a lot and normally eat very well, so I let myself have bad stuff sometimes. What's the point of working your butt off if you can't enjoy "naughty" food sometimes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    i work 12hr shifts in a steel mill 4 on 4off...my calorie goal per day is 1850. i woke up tonight before my night shift and went to the gym...worked out and now i have 2250 calories to eat. went to Subway and instead of the veggie sub, went with the turkey on wheat, actually put cheese on it this time and bought a sugar cookie! i havent had one in soo long, but i figured that since i have 2250 to eat tonight i would splurge a bit....and it was flippin delicious!

but do you guys ever feel guilty when eating something sinful, and you have the calories to spend?
    If you're feeling guilty for eating something you like without exceeding your calorie limit, then you're possibly doing this for the wrong reasons. Life is to be enjoyed. If you can't enjoy eating some of the things you like within reason and feel guilty about doing it, then you're going to be obsessing and stressing yourself over small decisions on food. This could be a downfall for you because if for any reason you really blow it, you may just give up altogether because you may not think you can handle not eating some junk.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    No :-) I lloovvee my sweets and if I worked out to earn them then I'm eating them and enjoying every bite!

Now if I don't have the calories left and I eat something bad... I feel a little guilty.

ooh, i like this way of thinking! i'm gonna try it!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292
    Options

If you're feeling guilty for eating something you like without exceeding your calorie limit, then you're possibly doing this for the wrong reasons. Life is to be enjoyed. If you can't enjoy eating some of the things you like within reason and feel guilty about doing it, then you're going to be obsessing and stressing yourself over small decisions on food. This could be a downfall for you because if for any reason you really blow it, you may just give up altogether because you may not think you can handle not eating some junk.

im the type of guy, when i do something i usually do it to the fullest...the cookie i know wasnt a big deal, but just the thought of it kinda made me feel guilty for a few even though i had the calories to burn...ive battled my weight all my life and for the first time ever (since i started counting calories) i feel i have control over my weight and know i will obtain my goal weight. the cookie was just the symbol of the life i used to live and never want to go back too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't look at food as being sinful and I don't let food make me feel guilty. When food have control over people, it make people hurt themselves.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Nope, I consider it well earned!