getting a little discouraged

Options
okay i feel a little discouraged because i havent been putting my all into my workouts and ive been feeling really tired and when i first started there was no stopping me now i dont think i can do another workout .... i mean i look at my self in the mirror and that gives me a little motive but i need more is any one else having or had this problem

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    How often are you working out? You might just need to slow down a little bit, you might be burnt out. Or not eating enough. I was doing great for a while, then started to feel wiped out all the time so I upped my calories a bit and feel a lot better!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Try changing your workout. Do something new you've always wanted to try. I've discovered a passion for ballroom dancing and aikido and cycling by doing that.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    write yourself a list of reasons WHY you want to lose the weight! We're for health, not a number on the scale! You can do it... you just have to believe in yourself... and believe you are worthy!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My fail safe work out is to play my music and dance my *kitten* off in my bedroom for 20 to 30 minutes. There's nothing like dancing to your favorite jams and just cutting loose! I always have a blast and feel great when I'm done.
  • gabrielleshannonhatt
    Options
    i'm the same way. :/
  • sheffiej34
    Options
    I am right where you are. I have a Gazelle. Started w/ doing 40 minutes 3x / wk. Then 30 mins 2x / wk. Then off for 2 weeks, then back on, etc, etc,etc. I wanted something different. Got The FIRM. Tried that. Not difficult, just don't want to do it. I just don't want to exercise.

Had a buddy post a topic about "Daily Goals" suggested we each log a goal to achieve today. I chose exercise b/c I hadn't done it in some time. I did it today. Perhaps you just need to set a daily goal to do something. No matter how big or small. Choose one thing each day and accomplish it. Once you achieve it, you may be inspired to do more.

Dont get discouraged. This is a journey, not a race. Take it one day at a time.
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Make your workout less workout and more fun. Instead of putting all my focus in my workout videos now, i play some upbeat music on my iPod and dance around to get myself in the moving mood then I do my workout while I listen to music I enjoy.

Also swimming is a great full body workout and quite relaxing if you like to swim. Find what you like and incorporate it into your workout. Don't give up.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to find another outlet for burning calories. I did the treadmill so much that I felt nauseous looking at it, so then I started up a stair routine at work that lasted 5-10 minutes every 2 hours, which was just as effective if not more so. I've also replaced it with 1-2 hours at the pool every day that the weather allows for.

Eventually I'll hit the treadmill again, but I'm finding it's not that hard to get into other activities that are more than adequate replacements.
  • rcharest8
    rcharest8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to up your calories. Don't get discouraged :/
  • pambaldwin
    Options
    You might be going at this too fast and furiously. The weight should come off slowly so that you can keep it off. Change up your exercising to something different and be sure to take a day off for your body to recover. I know when I do too much exercising and usually feel great doing it then all of a sudden I feel sick for a couple of days. Make sure to listen to your body. Your mind set also makes a up difference. If you are doing weight training be sure to flood your body with protein afterwards. Good lluck and don't give up completely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    okay i feel a little discouraged because i havent been putting my all into my workouts and ive been feeling really tired and when i first started there was no stopping me now i dont think i can do another workout .... i mean i look at my self in the mirror and that gives me a little motive but i need more is any one else having or had this problem
    Expectation of quick results is the demise of most people who engage in a weight loss attempt. All I can tell you is that it took time to put, so it will take time to take off.
    You may need to find workout activity that you really enjoy to keep yourself motivated. Maybe Zumba or dance?