Parking challenge... join me!

DJackson230
DJackson230 Posts: 306
Mfp friends ... I have a challenge for u...I have been inspired by this man at my gym who is handicapped but refuses to park in the handicap parking... He parks at one of the farthest parking spots from the gym and uses his crutches to get to the gym... His name is Rickard. My challenge is my Rickard rule... To park in the farthest parking spot from any place I attend... Been doing it for over a week now, it is so non stressful to know that no one will be in your spot... Btw... Not to mention the great exercise... Join me!

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    I'm IN! :happy:
  • I'm in! It's a great way to be more physically active :)
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    I am in!! I have been waiting for a new challenge and this will be great!!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    i do this already so i'm definitely in! sometimes i'm sad when the parking lot is small so I far away is actually... not.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    I'm in! This is even more fun with 2 kids. But it's so nice. I always try to park towards the outside anyway. But that last spot is mine now!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    ok.. let's do this!!!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    IM IN! (pending surgeons diagnosis and the future of my knee)
  • Even if you are in a hurry... Think of the time you will save by just finding a parking spot far away and parking , instead of circling the parking lot and waiting for a good spot!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    That's awesome! I do this most of the time (when time is not an issue) anyways, because it seems when I'm going somewhere like Walmart or the grocery store there's always a million people. So, I don't bother trying to find a close spot, and I always love how I feel when I'm walking back to my car :)
  • kaitlynbiehler
    kaitlynbiehler Posts: 7 Member
    Definitely in as well! It's the little things in life.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    But they always put the bike rack so close to the store! :)
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    sounds like a great challenge! Count me in!:smile:
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    But they always put the bike rack so close to the store! :)

YUP! Cyclist get the best spots!
  • When I don't have my 4 kids with me, I'm in! I have a baby, and not enough hands to keep the other 3 attached (oldest are 7 yr old twins), so I have major fear for one getting run over here where all the crazy road rage drivers live (Atlanta).

BTW, my husband had an accident just over a year ago, just had his 3rd surgery this week, and while he had a handicap tag, he only uses it when he is REALLY hurting. He figures if he CAN walk, he should. :)

Good for your friend!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    haha i drive a truck so i always do this!! my friends refuse to let me drive to stores because they know i park far away lol! im in!
  • When I don't have my 4 kids with me, I'm in! I have a baby, and not enough hands to keep the other 3 attached (oldest are 7 yr old twins), so I have major fear for one getting run over here where all the crazy road rage drivers live (Atlanta).

BTW, my husband had an accident just over a year ago, just had his 3rd surgery this week, and while he had a handicap tag, he only uses it when he is REALLY hurting. He figures if he CAN walk, he should. :)

Good for your friend!

He has polio, but never uses it as an excuse and is always upbeat about life in general... the man has a PHD... He does not even know he is handicapped!
  • rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    my cars are always far far away from any other poterntial doors dinging them ;)
  • But they always put the bike rack so close to the store! :)

if u riding your bike to the store... you got the best of both worlds.. The parking world and the exercise worl..:-)
  • Definitely in as well! It's the little things in life.

yes, little things mean alot!!

I'm also from ATL & I usually park in the back b/c ppl park like morons and I don't want my car to get dinged up! Some stores might have a side parking lot where you can still park farther from the door, but you won't have to cross any lanes to get to the front door.

I've seen people at the gym park in the fire lane to run in "real quick" (to the cafe?) and all I can think is that they're doing something wrong if they can't park and walk into the GYM!
This discussion has been closed.