THE ELIMINATORS 2011

Options

Replies

• ladyjessa2
    Options
    I know Monday's are weigh ins but I do mine up at the hospital on Wendsday so :tongue:
    Bridgit don't beat yourself up over a soda slip up, log it and move on. If the line at Walmart had been any slower last night I totally would have caved and answered the siren call of the almond joy on the bottom shelf, as it is the hubs bought himself a bag of skittles blenders and I ate a handfull. PS. Totally not worth it, flavor combos are totally yacky. Ah non-sweet tea, thank the Lord there is only one resturant on our island that serves sweet tea and they don't have a drive through. That evil concotion became an addiction the 14 months we lived in VA.
  • ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At weigh-in this morning, I am 306. I already have broken one of my goals though...I was REALLY thirsty at the grocery store and all they had were flavored waters at the checkout (which make me nauseous) so I went for a Pepsi Max...crap...first day of the challenge and I already failed!!! LOL Water or non sweet tea only the rest of the week!

Yeah, I'm right there with you about the soda. I had one without thinking about it. I'm so hot and soda is always so refreshing, it makes me want another. One choice at at time though and tomorrow is a new day.
  • ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday at 265. I normally get up on the weekdays sometime between 4:45 & 5:15 so adding another step to my morning routine is a struggle. It's usually a chore just to get ready and out the door because I'm up so late the night before.

I'm looking for opinions on water bottles. I've been dying to try the one that FlyLady sells, but I have to use see through containers at work. 20-32 oz work best for me. What do you use? We have an ice machine at work so I'd like something I can get ice into. But I also don't like drinking from a straw.

Great goals for the month!! I'm not able to do the sit ups though, I have a protruding disc in my lumbar. I had three but it's just one that's actually against the nerve root. I'll ask my physical therapist what she thinks, but she's given me other exercises I could just substitute. My own personal goal is to be able to walk 2 miles at the end of the month at a speed of 2.0 mph.
  • msstillion79
    Options
    :smile: here i am setting my goals as no pop and only water and what i do went though mc ds and ordered kids lunch on my way home and ordered me a large diet coke habits are hard to break and its 5pm and i have had only 4 servings of water no more today of the pop Its crazy when u think about how life is just a habbit u do things without thinking nine out of ten times lol but the great thing about being in this group is that reading all ur posts i know im not alone and that helps alot. I also dont want to get caught up on the number i can tell by the way my clothes fit if ive lost or not the weigh in for me is cause my dietian told me to do it once a week and thats all. Hey majikwon1961 i like the weigh in chart but how do u add that to ur posts i have no clue about that stuff on here yet i would love to do that and write my goal weight and dates to like some people do Everyone is doing great this is our first day and there is always tomorrow thats why we are here to improve our lifes we didnt get this way in a day and its going to take at least that long to get where we want to be Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::drinker: chll2803 i havent done mine yet im waiting on my fiancee to get home in case i pop something lol do what u can dont over do ur self we dont want anyone to hurt theirselves
  • brandymk
    brandymk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :sad: I started my not drinking coke yesterday. So far so good! Only water...blaaaaa. I had one in my had earlier, realized what I was doing and put it back. It helps that I have a 5 year old telling me...no mommy, you said you were not going to drink coke today. I usually have one about now and one right before bed. I'm doing okay for now, but tonight will be hard. I am going to do my situps now. I'll let you know how that goes.....
  • brandymk
    Options
    situps...check (20), running in place (20 min.)...check, wii boxing sortof--it's a bear game that you have to catch fish (same concept)(20 min.) check! I'm done for today. Silly little bear. I now have a negative calorie count. hmmmmmmmmm.:ohwell:
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    120 oz. H20 = DONE
    30 minutes of cardio = DONE
    10 sit-ups = DONE

I haven't done sit-ups since 8th grade gym class! LOL :tongue:
  • crazynay96
    Options
    120 oz. H20 = DONE
    10 sit-ups = DONE

OMG good for you!

I've only got 5 glasses of water today... but I'm drinking another now and may get another before bed and I had a v8 juice for part of my breakfast.

my sits ups are done...

my cardio was done chasing my 5 year old around martins this morning... i think they wanted to call the cops on me after he ran outside twice, hid from me, and continued to run away.... bad mother of the year award right here ya'll! And I beat my kid in public :shock:
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    120 oz. H20 = DONE
    10 sit-ups = DONE

Make that 144.5 oz.....I am sure I will be peeing all night!
  • janaj88
    janaj88 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just did the most pathetic sit-ups know to man... They can only get better. :ohwell: Got my water in. Does school shopping with three kids in really hot weather for two hours count as cardio??? I know my blood pressure was up.... I will double up tomorrow, just in case.

Sweet dreams!
  • topless1
    Options
    Hi everybody...I'm Jennie a 34 yo divorced truck driver from Brownsville, WI, I quit smoking a year ago this coming Thursday - happy about that but gained alot of weight in the process and am having a hard time not eating so much when I'm in the truck....any suggestions would be totally awesome. Everybody on here is great and I'm glad I joined but still feeling a bit sheepish about how much I weigh, I will try and get over that and I weigh my self on Saturdays I hope thats ok as I'm not home on Mondays. My goals are to drink more water - will try for 32oz a day to start with, to log my food intake every day, and to get out of the truck to walk...am starting that in a few minutes here....so good luck everyone and here goes!!!
  • ladyjessa2
    Options
    8 glasses of water...check, hopefully I'll get some more in before bedtime cause the ac was out at the gym and Lord it was HOT
    cardio...check, challenge will be getting it in on non-gym days
    sit ups...ummm, I'll sit up out of this chair and yeah double sit ups tomorow.
    Selft brag: husband picked up pizza for the kids and somewhere I found the urge to bypass the pizza and have soup insead, although I did have some of the cheese bread.

Yes taking 3 kids shopping and managing to return without having lost/sold/paid someone to take any of them deffinitly counts as cardio.

I've got one more mini-goal to throw out there: try and inculde a vegetable in each of your meals and no ketchup is not a vegetable. :bigsmile:
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    HI Everyone! Got all the goals achieved yesterday. The first time I have actually drank 8:drinker: cups of:water was yesterday. Today will attempt the same. Hope everyone is doing good. Keep up the good work. We can do it.
  • earthangel0333
    Options
    Hello, I accomplished my goals yesterday. I didn,t really eat enough .Need to get my Breakfast in everyday.Anyway good luck to everyone and Have a nice Day:
  • brandymk
    Options
    working on my water for today. Made my first goal of losing 4 lbs!!!! I am down from 183 to 179!!!! Now for another 4 pound goal!:smile:
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job Brandy! Its noon ish here and I've already burned my 500 calories! Half way through water goal also!
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    Way to go ladies!! I'm up to 84.5 oz in H2O - 30 mins exercise and 10 situps will be coming later today. Hope you all are having a fabulous Tuesday!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, I never get enough water. :( If I drink a lot it makes me have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes (bad bladder) so it's so hard to make myself drink. I haven't had any soft drinks though for two months (tomorrow it will be two months) so I"m hoping that will count for something!!!
  • 1terby
    1terby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

O.K. I didn't weigh myself yesterday as I do it once a week and just did it on Sunday. BUT... I feel better today! Made sure I drank at least 64oz of water, was real busy at work but made sure I did 10 lunges while waiting for the copier to finish printing. When I got home while making dinner, yes, I got down on the kitchen floor to do 25 situps (which was like breaking concrete). Yet I still felt victorious enough to roll into 15 toe touches.

Might not have been the most strenuous workout but still felt good about moving, even if it's baby-steps.

BTW logged my food yesterday, and will finish today's shortly!
    Have a great evening logging all...
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    I did good yesterday with my water intake but today I only got in 6 glasses. I tried. I just really have trouble with drinking all that water. Got my sit-ups in and walked the dogs this morning and got on the treadmill this afternoon. Just wish i could get something done in the evening.. Come that time of day my body is giving up on me. I have herniated disc in my neck, lower back, and my right ankle has been dislocated and both leg bones broken in a car wreck in1999. Gives me a lot of trouble. Tomorrow is another day. Lets give it our all tomorrow. Good night Eliminators.