*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts* Week #7 8.1.11 (CLOSED G

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Awesome job everyone on workout minutes! You guys did great! This week's challenge is called "PRO-tein Crunch". Protein is a very important part of nutrition and especially lean protein! So I want us all to concentrate on the amount of lean protein that we are taking it and set a goal for it. Here is a great article about protein and another article about top 10 proteins.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/high-protein-diet-weight-loss

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/04/26/10-lean-proteins/

I also would like everyone to start posting their weight on the thread as well as the spreadsheet. This way it give us more accountability and reason to check in on the thread, receive support and suggestions. :)

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dGVvLVlubUI0b3BLXzJKdEdPTWVPdGc6MQ#gid=0

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Krys, I will set goals and post my weight tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'll post my weight and goals tomorrow.

I will say, I'm nervous about this weigh in. We went camping for 4 days and had lots of food and drinks!:bigsmile:
  • glittersoul
    Options
    bumping :)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    too many people I know in real life to post my weight on a thread..
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Summer Sweeties,

SW 346
    LW 347
    CW 345

Total weight lost this challenge is 1 pounds! :heart:

I lost 2 pounds this week! I am getting back on track this month. I have been a total slacker in July!:grumble: No slacking in this month. Goal for August to get in the 330's

Anyway on to this week! Congrats to all losers:flowerforyou: and all who are consistent with checking in regardless of weight. :bigsmile:

Accountability is the reason we joined the challenge right so check in whether you are up or down. You will find in the end you are only helping YOU. Are YOU worth it? I know I am worth it!.

Have a good week SS!! We can do this!:flowerforyou:

[/quote]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Krys for the challenge!! I do get enough protien in for sure since I do low carbs.

BTW - The August dates were not on the spreadsheet!

Have a good day Sweeties!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Protein yay! Can't wait to read those articles later.

Re-committing today my vacation has totally threw me off and I need to refocus

CW-230
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I will weigh in Tuesday! My goal for the month of August is to be back in the 2 hundreds.....................

I have to kick back up my proteins for sure! Thanks Krys for the motivation! :):smile:

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning ~ 174....only gained a pound from this weekend's camping trip! :tongue: I honestly thought it would be higher.

My goal is to get 90 grams of protein a day.

Good luck everyone!
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Happy Monday morning, Summer Sweeties!

I lost .6 lbs. last week. I read the article on Web MD, and it says the RDA for protein for women is 46 grams a day, and to get the weight-loss benefits, it's around 120 grams a day. I'm not exactly sure of how much protein I'm getting right now, though I know it's a good amount because the program I am on includes protein intake as part of it's calculations for weight-loss, and when I was tracking my food on here, I was always over on my protein. So my goal for this challenge will be to get at least 60 grams a day.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Good morning all, weigh in of 194.8, loss of 2.2 this week! :heart:

PRO-tein Crunch Challenge - goal of 90grams/daily or 630 grams/week
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I don't eat protein. I'm going to try to get in 60 grams a day.
  • Chynadoll00
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks Krystle for being a great inspiration and all you wonderful Sweeties!!

My CW is 181.6!! Haven't seen that number for a lonnnng time :love:

My goal for August is to eat less carbs!! ( I've kinda gotten comfortable eating even in small amounts) ...

I am not sure how to explain but my goal will be to have at least 3 Lean proteins a day...

eggs..fish....CHICKEN!! Some days I tend to skim on my protein ... not good I know ... :embarassed:
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good Job everyone last week.

My CW is 226.6. I started this challenge at 236.1. I have lost o.5 pounds so far on the challenge and for a grand total of 48 pounds since starting my lifestyle change.

My protein goal is going to be for 70 g. a day.
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the Summer sweeties. did really good on last weeks challenge i hope i can do just as good on this weeks. My starting weight for the challenge was 182.6 my CW is 177 i've lost a total of 5.6 lbs since the start of the challenge hope i can continute to lose on the challenges.

My goal for this weeks challenge is 60 grams of protien a day,