Not so new!

Options
Hi! My name is Alissa and I'm 21. I've been with MFP for at least a month now, but I'm just starting to get into the community aspect of it. :)

So far I have nothing but good things to say about the site, and I've lost way more weight by monitoring my calories going in and out than when I had a personal trainer at a gym. I came to the site because I felt incredibly unsure about how to lose weight. I felt like I'd gained some weight in the last few months, but assumed my scale was a little off--I used to live with my mom and I felt like she adjusted our scale to be a few pounds off to begin with. I wasn't sure which scale to trust! Anyway, I went to a doctor's appointment a few months later and was shocked when I weighed in ten pounds heavier than I'd ever been. Since then I've worked hard to get back to where I started and then some!

I could always use some inspiration and I know there's plenty of that around here. I'd love to make some new friends who I could set goals with. Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me if you'd like. I just started a goal of walking 30 miles for the month of August. The way I look at it...that removes my butt from my chair for at least 30 minutes a day :)
  • wildflower003
    Options
    I could use some inspiration also and some friends. Feel free to friend me