I gotta boast & brag.....just a little bit!

Options
1st off let me say that my brother use to workout w/ my family all of the time. But he recently got a new job & hasn't had the time to workout w/ us. Anyway, today he comes over & we workout for the 1st time in 4 months. We did like 6 or 7 different back exercises.

He seen I was lifting heavier weight than before & he couldn't believe how much stronger I had got. He kept bragging on me. Everytime it was time for me to do my set, he and my husband would stand behind me & I could hear them talking amongst each other. They were looking @ my back muscles & talking about how much you could them, especially my lats. I couldn't help but smile. That was the first time anyone has ever said anything about them (other than my hubby & kids) & it really made me feel SOoo good.

Then, tonight, he took me to mom & dads to visit for a few hours & he kept having me pose so that they could see my lats. He and my sis n law kept bragging about how much of a difference they could see & how proud they were of me. Yeah, my parents bragged a little when they seen my lats, but nothing like he did. I mean, you'd think I'd just won a new car the way he was carrying on.

Anyway, in case you can't tell, my brother has made my day today. I admit, sometimes I get down and depressed; I workout 3 to 4 times a week and feel like I'm not accomplishing anything. I feel like just throwing in the towel & never working out again. But hearing him boast and brag about me & my LATS today, has really gave me the motivation to keep on doing what I'm doing cause evidently, I'm doing something right. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Woman you are GORGEOUS and your work has definitely paid off! It's always harder for us to really see ourselves. Glad your family is there to let you know what you look like from another perspective!!!