South Beach Diet..

Options
Since I'm a carb addict...I've decided to step things up a notch and try the South Beach Diet for the next 2 weeks. Anyone with any stories about doing South Beach??

Replies

• ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    It works, but you just have to realize that it is a serious lifestyle change. It's not a fad diet, you will lose an incredible amount of weight. Just be warned that as soon as you deviate from it, the weight will creep back on. So if you are going to do it you should commit to it long term.

Just my experience with it.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss with the South Beach diet and it really worked for me. I actually did the "first two weeks" part of the diet for a few months. I believe I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. After that, I gradually added back more carbs and things into my diet. It really helped get me off to an intial good start, but it is very good to learn how to eat "normal" and not follow diets like that. I'd suggest doing the diet, letting it help you reset your food and sweet cravings, and then gradually move back into a more normal diet or whatever works for you. Good luck! :)
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I started my weight loss with the South Beach diet and it really worked for me. I actually did the "first two weeks" part of the diet for a few months. I believe I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. After that, I gradually added back more carbs and things into my diet. It really helped get me off to an intial good start, but it is very good to learn how to eat "normal" and not follow diets like that. I'd suggest doing the diet, letting it help you reset your food and sweet cravings, and then gradually move back into a more normal diet or whatever works for you. Good luck! :)

Thanks for that...That is the route I was thinking of following.

Cheers