S.B.F. Challenge. . . November 17

Options
Hi everybody!

Well, I'm back at home and paying for the excesses of "road food", which means, in this case, plenty of refined white flour. I am bloated and drowsy feeling and in general have a terrible food hangover. Also, my workout clothes stayed in my suitcase during my entire trip.

I've decided to share my week's plans with you, in the hope that I devote myself to them.

So, this week my goals are: no wheat, no sweets (except dessert on date night)
Yoga M, W and F.
Gym T, R and S. (with one of those only light cardio instead of a day off)

I've got to get my system jump started.

So, today it's bikram, my waters and my vits.

Let's all take care of ourselves.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Well, I'm back at home and paying for the excesses of "road food", which means, in this case, plenty of refined white flour. I am bloated and drowsy feeling and in general have a terrible food hangover. Also, my workout clothes stayed in my suitcase during my entire trip.

I've decided to share my week's plans with you, in the hope that I devote myself to them.

So, this week my goals are: no wheat, no sweets (except dessert on date night)
    Yoga M, W and F.
    Gym T, R and S. (with one of those only light cardio instead of a day off)

I've got to get my system jump started.

So, today it's bikram, my waters and my vits.

Let's all take care of ourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too, went out of town this weekend, however I went to the Panther's football game and our seats were of course in the nose bleed section, but I look for the positive in everything. Since we had to walk so far up, I burned off a lot of what I ate. We also were parked a good ways from the stadium so I think with the walking and no alcohol may have been a blessing in diguise. So this week I will be doing extra cardio and maybe even a class on Wednesday which I don't usually do. Wednesday I don't meet with my personal trainer. Tomorrow is check-in day, so I'll have to see if I gained any weight. Hopefully not. I plan on drinking lots of water today and taking my vitamin supplements so when I work out tonight I won't be so sore.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I slacked big time this weekend and I don't even have the excuse of having gone anywhere!!! Oh well, I'm back at it today--full steam ahead! I donated the remainder of the halloween candy to the office downstairs, so I'm not tempted by it anymore. I am off to the gym in a few minutes for a major cardio workout. I'll get back into shredding tonight and I'm determined to drink all my water.

Good luck everyone--here's to a good week!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    My week's plan:
    Yoga: Today and this weekend. I'm teaching today (unless my teacher gets out of jury duty) and I won some yoga passes, so I'm trying a new place this weekend. I don't think I would ever leave my teacher's studio, but free is free.
    Cardio: everyday. I may bike to yoga today, though I have nothing reflective to wear that is warm - since it's dark and cool at 6 now. There are lights on my bike, but I still don't feel completely safe. I might bike every day this week because the weather is going to be so nice.
    Weights: Wed at least - hopefully I will talk myself into doing them today as well - even without a class.

I've given up on the push up challenge. It just didn't seem good for my elbows and wrists. I think I was doing them quickly so I could do that many and my joints didn't like it.

Happy workouts!

Oh, hope your plane ride was better on the way back, V.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm still feeling horrible. This stuff just won't go away.
    I also had a bad eating weekend but man was it good! I am back at it today. I don't think I am going to get any exercises, except maybe push ups and a slow walk when it warms up a little. I need to work out but I've been advised by family to take it easy for a few days. All this crud got worse when the cold front came through so it must be sinus allergy.
    Anyway, the cake went to work with my hubby so I don't have to worry about that anymore. :wink:
    I hope you all have a great day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Oh, hope your plane ride was better on the way back, V.

Nope. Way worse. I was delayed in Roanoke, missed my connection after running through the Philadelphia airport to try to catch it, and there were high wind advisories at both airports. I actually got airsick on the descent into Philly (luckily, I didn't need the bag the flight attendant brought me just because she looked at me. . .according to her I was "really pale and green around the gills"). :sick: I've determined that in the future, if it would be less than twelve hours of driving, I'm driving. I was traveling from 8 am to 5 pm yesterday, with only three hours of that actually in the air. I've never had motion sickness before in my life, and was raised on boats (Florida as a child) so it was quite an accomplishment on the turbulence's part. I will say that the ativan took the edge off of the nerves, but just.

Hope you feel better soon, MM. Be gentle to yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    V, our flight back from Florida last February was brutal! Of course Alex had been throwing up all day so that didn't help. They said we would be going through some light turbulence. Light? Felt pretty bad to me. Then they said they were going through another front and there would be moderate turbulence. Oh great! I was concerned Alex would wake up and be throwing up again. The girl sitting behind us had to take medication because she gets airsick easily. I could just imagine Alex throwing up and then she throws up and soon everyone is sick...UGH! But he slept through the WHOLE thing! Thank the Lord! I have not wanted to fly anytime soon. I am glad you are safe and back home.
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well everyone sounds cheerful and motivated! I am planning my grocery shopping and from the list I won't make it out of the vegetable aisle:bigsmile: My only plan for this week is to get on my treadmill and walk 30 minutes a day. I need to get that accomplished before I move on. But of course the waters are a given and so is staying within my calories. So I'm hoping to get my motivation back and going. I was walking this weekend quite abit when my girls were home. All for now. See you tomorrow.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Well, I was back at work today... and I suddenly seem to have come down with a cold! So I think I'm allergic to work... :wink:

I am hoping to still get my pushups in today, and that's about it. Maybe some cold medicine. Take care of yourselves!