Hi everyone

Options
I am a 41 yr old stay at home mom of a 2 yr old. I have always been overweight. My oldest son graduated from high school this year and I hate looking at the pictures. I am sick of being this way. I know it's stupid to start here at Thanksgiving, but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

Replies

• loristaz
    loristaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 41 yr old stay at home mom of a 2 yr old. I have always been overweight. My oldest son graduated from high school this year and I hate looking at the pictures. I am sick of being this way. I know it's stupid to start here at Thanksgiving, but I guess you gotta start somewhere.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    today is a great day to start, much better than tomorrow :smile:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: I agree with allaboutme, today is a great day to start. Don't worry about Thanksgiving dinner, just have smaller portions of the foods that you like. Make sure that you check out the food logging tab on this site. It's a real eye opener as to how many calories you actually eat in one day.

Good luck on your new journey...you'll have plenty of support here when you need it!:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    also think about it this way, you start today, if you cave for thanksgiving dinner, you still have all the other days behind you that you did well, much better than all of them being bad
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Welcome:flowerforyou: Oh even Thanksgiving can be worked around....it's actually all about portion control...taste a bit of each item you're wanting but just dont' stuff yourself and you should be fine:bigsmile: Keep up with the excercising over the Holidays and this year may be much different than in the past for you.... you might just surprise yourself:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!! You will love it here :)