Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Has anyone reached goal having never had a plateau?

I guess I'm counting a plateau as around 2-4weeks or more of no weight loss. I just wonder if reaching a plateau happens to everyone losing a lot of weight (say 25lbs and over). It hasn't happen to me yet, as I'm only 11lbs into my total 60lb goal so I fear it happening sometime soon (Yes, I one of those people that worry about things that haven't actually happened yet).

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Hahaha...I am like you and worried about a plateau for months as I was losing weight at a good clip. And then I plateaued! :sad:

It seems that it does happen to most people, especially nearing the end of your weight loss as most of us can't lose 1-2 pounds/week once we are of a "normal" BMI and only have 10 pounds to lose or so. Your body clings onto those last pounds! I struggled for 2 months and what snapped me out of it was re-setting my MFP goal to lose 0.5 pounds/week. You should do that anyway when you are close to goal to start the transition to maintenance.

I know it is easy to say in hindsight, but don't sweat it. It may happen at some point and if it does there are plenty of us who have been through them who can try and give you advice! I had 30 pounds total to lose and my plateau happened at around 17 pounds down (aka 13 pounds left until goal).
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    I didn't lose any weight this week. I pray that Im not hitting a plateau! I have 10 more pounds to go to be at goal, If I don't lose this week I will reset my MFP to 0.5lbs a week.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off for around 6 months. I didn't have a plateau. I always stuck to my 1200 cal a day and now am at 1400. I still log on every day. I still watch almost everything I eat. I believe this is going to be my lifestyle now.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    I didn't plateau, but around 60KG seems to be the weight my body likes best, so i set for maintenance, having reached that goal and monitor my weight and my calorie intake. During weightless i lost weight steadily, but i did pay a lot of attention to measuring and weighing what I ate.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    I think plateaus happen to a lot of people regardless of how much they have to lose. It can be very frustrating, but the key is to keep your body on its toes (so to speak) - don't get into one constant workout. Change it up. If your body gets used to the routine it will adjust accordingly and stop losing weight.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    I haven't had that much weight to lose only about 6 pounds. It seemed, I was on a constant plateau since I started in March. But it was my fault, I didn't comply with MFP, and I never weighed my food, I just guestimated. Now, since I weighted some things, I know better and the weight came off.